Jacket Review

Like the jacket you're wearing? Got a special pair of boots? Tell us about it!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Monarch600
Site Newbie
Location: San Dimas, CA (Yes, that place from Bill & Ted's excellent adventure)

Jacket Review

Post by Monarch600 »

So I purchased this jacket off ebay for $99 shipped.

I had my doubts because of the price/location it was coming from. I bought mine from the same seller. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. The jacket itself has thick, cured leather. It feels identical to my friends dainese jacket. It also comes with the elbow/shoulder/back protectors that can be removed. I figured it offered some protection, better than my old textile jacket I had bought from a thrift store a while back which was falling apart(joe rocket brand). Well, when I had crashed, it really did protect surprisingly well. I ended up sliding about 10-15 feet and the leather held up well. It still is in good condition, the only part that was messed up on the jacket was a seam by the neck(just needs to be re-sown).

If you guys don't have the cash to buy Icon/dianese/bigger brands, I highly suggest picking up one of these jackets. Same protection for a third of the price brand new. You can find many different styles and colors. They even make some with the back hump armor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucky-Strike-Bl ... 338205cb7e

(I'm not affiliated in any way with this seller.)
89 Fzr 600 Exup with Shotgun Termi system, Ducati 748 race cowl, and single beam projector.
JasonRDfan
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Re: Jacket Review

Post by JasonRDfan »

That is a pretty nice looking jacket. You should post a picture of the jacket you wrecked in :)
92 fzr600 Vance & Hines edition, galindo f1 grips, Vance & Hines super sport complete exhaust, oem clutch with Vance & Hines springs, Piaa horn, Hella headlight, Vance & Hines power pak, passenger seat cowl, 07 r6 regulator, ballistic evo2 8 cell, JT 14 tooth sprocket, Joe Florida sportbike multi-color led kit, galindo bar ends,
Monarch600
Site Newbie
Location: San Dimas, CA (Yes, that place from Bill & Ted's excellent adventure)

Post by Monarch600 »

The rash on it cleaned right up after a mink oil rub. Just need to fix the seam on the neck and one of the patches. You can hardly tell I even slid on the chest area!
89 Fzr 600 Exup with Shotgun Termi system, Ducati 748 race cowl, and single beam projector.
JasonRDfan
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by JasonRDfan »

Yup, looks pretty good! I wouldn't mind adding one to my collection :)
92 fzr600 Vance & Hines edition, galindo f1 grips, Vance & Hines super sport complete exhaust, oem clutch with Vance & Hines springs, Piaa horn, Hella headlight, Vance & Hines power pak, passenger seat cowl, 07 r6 regulator, ballistic evo2 8 cell, JT 14 tooth sprocket, Joe Florida sportbike multi-color led kit, galindo bar ends,