1990 3BF Brake Rotor question

FZR400 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

LogJamExcalibur
Site Newbie

1990 3BF Brake Rotor question

Post by LogJamExcalibur »

Hey fellas-

Does the 1990 3BF have 3EN front rotors? I ordered some Genesis rotors from Metal Gear in Australia because mine are glazed (my brakes pulse when I stop) and they don't fit, so I want to make sure I exhange them for the right ones.
Evilchicken0
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Re: 1990 3BF Brake Rotor question

Post by Evilchicken0 »

For a 3en2 (fake air intakes below the 2 round headlights and 41mm dia forks) you need the Yamaha 298mm dia discs they were standard on a lot of bikes, FZR 400 3TJ, the later 600 and 600R Foxeye, and probably your best bet is early shaped Fazer 600 (although those have black carriers)

3en1 has air intakes above the 2 headlight,s 38mm forks, and takes 285mm dia discs
Don't read everything you believe
FZR400RR 3TJ Bimota SB6
LogJamExcalibur
Site Newbie

My question is regarding the USA 1990 3BF... the Genesis import we got in the states that recieved 4 pot calipers and the deltabox swingarm. Like I said I ordered Genesis rotors and they don't fit... the size is correct at 285mm but (I don't know how to explain this) the rotors sit out from the mounting flange on my original rotors, and the genesis ones I recieved have mounting flanges that sit flush with the rotor. Of these, which ones would be the right fit for my bike? The top one labelled "3EN"?
Evilchicken0
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Post by Evilchicken0 »

Offset.
On the ordering page click the part number and you go to the part number information page .... the link is for the 3EN with a gold centre or carrier, over on the right is a box with Information on it and "Measure an Offset" link - have a look and measure the offset.

http://www.metalgear.com.au/mgear-brake ... -6805.html
Don't read everything you believe
FZR400RR 3TJ Bimota SB6
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

http://www.metalgear.com.au/view_model_ ... l_id=10261 <-These should be the right ones...the FZR 400 U/W/A are the 3BFs from 1988-1990 (the FZR 400 SUC/SWC/SAC are the 3FH Models, so to say the California 3BF Models with EXUP) and have all the same Yamaha Partnumbers for the Discs ;)
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
LogJamExcalibur
Site Newbie

welp, I'm an idiot. Thanks guys!
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

Metalgear named the different models not properly, so it's not your fault that caused the little confusion ;)
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)