Damaged Repairable

FZR400 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Evilchicken0
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Damaged Repairable

Post by Evilchicken0 »

Having finished, or at least taken as far as I want to go, I did some pretty pics of my 3TJ

After getting hit off it in a road rage thing I had to strip the engine down to get the crank cases welded. I replaced the left fairing and patched the rest of the bodywork up. Replaced the generator + cover, left bar, put on the frame protectors to cover the dent, and hammered hit bent and swore at the subframe to get it a bit straighter.

More pics on my photobucket http://s109.photobucket.com/user/evilch ... /New%203TJ
Don't read everything you believe
FZR400RR 3TJ Bimota SB6
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Re: Damaged Repairable

Post by TomcatMJ »

Looks like a nearly new Bike again ;) Well done Restoration :thumbsup: , even if it lacks the last little spotrepair at the tails left side.... is the red painted or a Decal? If painted it should be possible to find the according colorcode somewhere for doing the last missing spotrepair...also for dents on the frame a combination of a bit hydro-metal (a polymere including an amount of aluminium) and the fitting paint would be a chance to do it if the protectors one day should be taken away...
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
Evilchicken0
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Re: Damaged Repairable

Post by Evilchicken0 »

Yes it's paint but a metallic and it's onto the decal .... you know it's just a bit too much to mess with and much easier to put a tail panel on when it comes up on the bay - trouble is a decent one hasn't come up yet
Don't read everything you believe
FZR400RR 3TJ Bimota SB6