3en2 carb rubbers

FZR400 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

tazwars99
Site Newbie

3en2 carb rubbers

Post by tazwars99 »

Right you wonderful people the 3en2 is nearly completed apart from I'm in need of some carb intake rubbers as mine are badly cracked. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. When I can figure out how to post pics I will as it's been a year in the making[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
snydes
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: 3en2 carb rubbers

Post by snydes »

tazwars99 wrote:Right you wonderful people the 3en2 is nearly completed apart from I'm in need of some carb intake rubbers as mine are badly cracked. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. When I can figure out how to post pics I will as it's been a year in the making[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Hey there, I recently had to do the exact same thing. I went on various part sites to track the part number to be sure and once I found it I went to Partzilla.com where they have OEM parts for everything. My order took about 2months only because when I ordered it the Carb Boots were on backorder.

1WG-13597-00-00 JOINT,CARB 3 (Yamaha Motor) $17.16

That is the part number for my 1989 FZR 400 1WG bike. Your number will be different since you have a different engine. For shipping and everything it costed about $90.

Hope this helps. The site has many OEM parts for your bike but make sure you study the part number well and scroll down when you click the part you view to make sure if States it'll fit you bike. If you have trouble finding the site or a part let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks,

ASnyder
tazwars99
Site Newbie

Post by tazwars99 »

Hi thanks for the help.
I've checked the part numbers which seem to be 3en-13586-10 and 3en-13596-10. They don't seem to be listed on partzilla?

snydes
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by snydes »

tazwars99 wrote:Hi thanks for the help.
I've checked the part numbers which seem to be 3en-13586-10 and 3en-13596-10. They don't seem to be listed on partzilla?

What year is your bike? Also when I get home in a few hours I'll take a look my self and see. I can look around for other sights that may have them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks,

ASnyder
tazwars99
Site Newbie

Post by tazwars99 »

It's a 1989 3en2. I would be great full for any help

willandrip
Level 7.0
Level 7.0

Post by willandrip »

I do not think you will find those parts on any US online parts site.
The 3EN2 was not readily available in the USA.
It was only imported s/h. into Europe from Japan and most ended up in the UK.
Sent from my keyboard using the English language not some teen text shite from a fooking phone.
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

http://litetek.co/Carb_Kit_Yamaha_3EN1.html <-Scrolling down will lead to a Parts Catalogue for the 3EN2 which includes the OEM Partsnumbers you would need to order the Parts for your 3EN2 via every local Yamaha-Dealer ;)
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
tazwars99
Site Newbie

Post by tazwars99 »

Those are the OEM numbers which I got from that site. I have been on the yamaha parts site and the number is not recognised. Will try phoning them today but I'm. Not holding my breath

tazwars99
Site Newbie

Post by tazwars99 »

Ok a question. Would it not be possible to fit the metal body's from the 3en 1wg instead or are they completely different??

TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

Check the Measurements (inner diameter+outer lenght) of your defective rubber joints and i can check if the ones from a 3BF would fit as i've got some hardened ones lying around in the cellar where i can take measurements from (and also measure the aluminium.parts where they are connected to at the cylinderhead)....at least the ones between carbs and cylinderhead are still available for the 3bf: http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-fzr400a-199 ... wg1359700/ and the aluminiumparts are often available at *bay, too...
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
willandrip
Level 7.0
Level 7.0

Post by willandrip »

I seem to recall that the 3EN2 inlet rubbers have been NLA for a while.
It would pay to ask at any official Yamaha dealer if they would input the part no.s to be certain.

Over the years I have been on a few FZR forums and have not seen any info on replacing the one piece 3EN2 inlet
manifold rubbers with that from either the 600 3HE one piece units or substituting the Genesis (3BF in USA) alloy inlet
stubs and rubber joint.

If the existing rubbers are cracked and split all the way through (most are indeed cracked on the outside from heat and age but not internally) many owners have previously repaired the cracks by using silicone mastic worked into the cracks.

There is a product ; Plasti Dip Spray, that will make a very good outer coating on damaged rubbers if the cracks are pre filled with silicone.
http://www.frost.co.uk/brands/plasti-di ... 311ml.html
At the price it is I believe it to be more cost effective to attempt repair using the above method before investing in
parts from other models that may not fit correctly.
Sent from my keyboard using the English language not some teen text shite from a fooking phone.