Newbie question about restriction

FZR400 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

willandrip
Level 7.0
Level 7.0

Re: Newbie question about restriction

Post by willandrip »

Don TZ said; "Speaking of racers, I have a group-buy underway with some 400 (US 1WG) pilots for purpose-built race harnesses ..."

Which is relevant and brings us back to the questions asked earlier in the topic, re. the speedlight,the TCI and the exup plug connections on US supplied Genesis models.
It is also linked to the Ignitec questions being posted in the general section contributors being Kayla, Wrax and of course himself.
Sent from my keyboard using the English language not some teen text shite from a fooking phone.
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Ummm ... Kayla's trials and tribulations with the Ignitech is over on the Archives ... :whistle
willandrip
Level 7.0
Level 7.0

Post by willandrip »

DonTZ125 wrote:Ummm ... Kayla's trials and tribulations with the Ignitech is over on the Archives ... :whistle
Ooops;my bad...... :
"So many forums; so little time."

Sent from my keyboard using the English language not some teen text shite from a fooking phone.
Evilchicken0
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Post by Evilchicken0 »

Does a race harness stop you falling off ?
Don't read everything you believe
FZR400RR 3TJ Bimota SB6
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Depends if you have the matching connectors on your leathers ... :drink: :lol:
RoadDogma
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by RoadDogma »

willandrip wrote: Which is relevant and brings us back to the questions asked earlier in the topic, re. the speedlight,the TCI and the exup plug connections on US supplied Genesis models.
US spec FZR400s do not incorporate the "speedlight". I've only encountered a restricted bike once. It was an RGV400 that I was riding in Thailand. Talk about a let-down. Imagine the frustration of riding a restricted 2-stroke while trying to keep up with my buddy on his GSXR750... That little red light was relentless.

The US FZR400 EXUPs have a control box separate from the TCI that plugs into the main harness. The TCIs for the EXUP models look the same as the non-EXUP except for the part numbers. They both seem to run just fine with-out the speedometer for all of the racers over here. I would expect the 3EN electrical to have more in common with the California FZR600 EXUP models. I had one of those, but it was stolen in 1991, so I don't recall a lot of detail. I haven't heard of restriction issues for FZR600s.

If Yamaha managed to do away with restriction circuits in the 4DX box for the UK market, I would think they would do the same for US bikes.
FZR400 (1WG): Purchased a perfectly good FZR400 with Yoshimura slip-on/EXUP, Yosh jet kit, Factory ignition advance, Racetech springs and emulators. It even had great bodywork. Like some diseased maniac I had to mess with everything good about that bike. Well, at least I have better brakes now.

FZR400RR (3TJ):Yeah, it's pink.