For those with '90 Deltabox swingers

FZR400 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

For those with '90 Deltabox swingers

Post by thatkid »

So I have two of them but I only had one set of chain adjusters. As most of you know the chain adjusters are no longer made and trying to find a set is damn near impossible. Well, searching around I noticed the FZR 1000 use the same ones. I figured just a bigger axle hole and hopefully the angles and size were the same. The 1k adjusters can be had on ebay for about 30 shipped and are abundant. From there it just takes a press fit spacer and you are in business. In case anyone needs these or wants a spare set...

Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. Would have been richer a lot earlier being able to sell both of them. :headscratch:
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Re: For those with '90 Deltabox swingers

Post by fzrbrandon »

Nice find Nate. This would apply to the 3TJ swingers as well. In fact, I'd be curious to know what the I.D. is on the axle holes. The 3TJs have larger rear axles than the 1WG series 400s so the 1K adjusters may even be a direct / no-mod replacement for the 3TJ. Did you happen to measure before you pressed in the spacers? If so, I can grab the I.D. on the 3TJ piece to compare.
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

89 FZR600 - Vance & Hines, DynoJet, Zero Gravity - sold in '91

http://www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 Parts For Sale !!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9971
j200pruf
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by j200pruf »

Hey Brandon, the FZR400RRSP and FZR1000 both used 20mm axles so I would think the ID would be the same.
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

j200pruf wrote:Hey Brandon, the FZR400RRSP and FZR1000 both used 20mm axles so I would think the ID would be the same.
Just now seeing this. :whistle Anyway, good to know. Thanks! :cheers:
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

89 FZR600 - Vance & Hines, DynoJet, Zero Gravity - sold in '91

http://www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 Parts For Sale !!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9971