FZR400 vs Ducati 650 at Willow Springs [VID]

FZR400 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

markd
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

FZR400 vs Ducati 650 at Willow Springs [VID]

Post by markd »

Fun battle for 2nd in Vintage Lightweight. My FZR400 (blue and white #525) vs Sean's Ducati 650 (Pantah I believe). The camera is on the front of Sean's ducati.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W23aqiYX0g
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Re: FZR400 vs Ducati 650 at Willow Springs [VID]

Post by zero9243 »

you must have one helluva 400 to pull away from a 650 duc
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by haro504 »

i dont see much race footage but i always though the tracks were in better condition the last few ive seen had alot of cracking is that normal for racing
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants
markd
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by markd »

zero9243 wrote:you must have one helluva 400 to pull away from a 650 duc
I think his bike is actually faster. He pulls me on all the straightaways, but I think he lets off a little into turn 8. I keep WOT in 6th all the way through that turn which lets me get some breathing room before the front straight. I don't know for sure, but it seems like in a lot of the straights he catches me pretty quick. He's got a 650 twin, so maybe it's just torque and not top end, but I would think it should have faster top speed too. What do you guys think? (I'm happy to let him think my bike is faster so he doesn't try to catch me through turn 8 :whistle )
haro504 wrote:i dont see much race footage but i always though the tracks were in better condition the last few ive seen had alot of cracking is that normal for racing

Yeah, seems a lot of tracks these days are in need of some repaving. But the cracks are good to use as reference points for braking/turn-in/exit points :thumbsup: