Model Numbers?

FZR400 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

markd
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Model Numbers?

Post by markd »

What's the deal model numbers? 1wg, 3en, etc? Is there a place that lists all the model numbers? I checked the wiki, it sent me to rampant racing, which lists what I believe are european models, since they are not the same as mine. I am wondering about US models 88,89,90.
Thanks!
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: Model Numbers?

Post by cad600 »

The US only got the 1WG. Which was the European 86-88. The 2TK was the RSP version of that model in 88. Then there was the 3EN1 & 3EN2 in 89 - 90. And then there was the 3TJ1-4 for 91 - 94
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
markd
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by markd »

so in the us the 88-90 is called a 1wg? or the 88 is a 1wg, the 89 is a 3en1 and the 90 is a 3en2?
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

We only got the 1WG. Doesn't matter what the other model numbers are or what part of the world they were in. We only got the 1WG. Yamaha did not think the US market would support the model updates so they never brought them here.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
markd
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by markd »

Thanks!
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

BTW, the 3TJs ran from '89 - '94. RoadDogma has an '89. If I'm not mistaken, '89 was the only RR model. The rest were RRSPs (with more adjsutability in the suspension, spool provisions on the swingarm, and a solo tail only - no pillion).
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

89 FZR600 - Vance & Hines, DynoJet, Zero Gravity - sold in '91

http://www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 Parts For Sale !!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9971
RoadDogma
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by RoadDogma »

Yep, I got the gimp model. At least it was upgraded with SP forks and an Ohlins shock. Now I just need swing arm spools and the close ratio transmission. Actually, I got the tranny. I just need to install it.
FZR400 (1WG): Purchased a perfectly good FZR400 with Yoshimura slip-on/EXUP, Yosh jet kit, Factory ignition advance, Racetech springs and emulators. It even had great bodywork. Like some diseased maniac I had to mess with everything good about that bike. Well, at least I have better brakes now.

FZR400RR (3TJ):Yeah, it's pink.
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

RoadDogma wrote:Yep, I got the gimp model.
Don't get me wrong dude, it's still a damn cool bike. Duh. Glad I found it for ya! LOL! BTW, I'm sure we've talked about it before, but why haven't you thrown the RRSP swinger that you've got on your 1WG on there?
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

RoadDogma
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by RoadDogma »

I'm just sayin'... Mine is a little gimpy next to the SP. Maybe I'm a little frustrated that my road bike has spools, but the track bike doesn't.

PIA factor is preventing me from swapping swingers. I would have to un-modify the swingarm on the 1WG so it would fit back on the 3TJ. I actually got as far as removing the swingarms from both bikes when I realized I would need to change the pivot bearings and swap the bushings over. I needed to ride to school, so I just put everything back. I think I'll just weld some spool bosses on the Gimp. Looks like the 3TJ has got herself a name.
FZR400 (1WG): Purchased a perfectly good FZR400 with Yoshimura slip-on/EXUP, Yosh jet kit, Factory ignition advance, Racetech springs and emulators. It even had great bodywork. Like some diseased maniac I had to mess with everything good about that bike. Well, at least I have better brakes now.

fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

RoadDogma wrote:I would have to un-modify the swingarm on the 1WG so it would fit back on the 3TJ. I actually got as far as removing the swingarms from both bikes when I realized I would need to change the pivot bearings and swap the bushings over. I needed to ride to school, so I just put everything back. I think I'll just weld some spool bosses on the Gimp. Looks like the 3TJ has got herself a name.

Oh, that's right. I remember now. Are the bearings that big of a pain to get a hold of? I'd hate to see you weld that thing. You know, if I didn't have to deal with my post-crash issues, I'd be more than happy to take care of Gimp for ya'! Give her to me for about 4 months and you won't even recognize her when she comes back home. :headbang:
Image Image

RoadDogma
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by RoadDogma »

I'm not worried about getting the bearings, so much as I am concerned about removing the bushings that were installed in the swingarm pivot, so that the smaller (1WG) bearings would fit. Would love to have you finish it up for me. (I've seen your work first hand). But... I'm done with school next week so it's time to get hard at. Actually had someone over today taking measurements for exhaust fabrication. (Wish I could buy "off the shelf").

fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

RoadDogma wrote:I'm not worried about getting the bearings, so much as I am concerned about removing the bushings that were installed in the swingarm pivot, so that the smaller (1WG) bearings would fit. Would love to have you finish it up for me. (I've seen your work first hand). But... I'm done with school next week so it's time to get hard at. Actually had someone over today taking measurements for exhaust fabrication. (Wish I could buy "off the shelf").
Sounds good. I'm done with the semester next week also and off until August (Poli Sci for the Summer session - Nerd). If you need a hand with anything big, I can try to squeeze out for a bit.
Image Image

bendy3
Site Newbie

Post by bendy3 »