FZR400 left turn signal not working

FZR400 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

neroneuman
Site Newbie

FZR400 left turn signal not working

Post by neroneuman »

Hello Guys,

My left turn signals both Front and rear are not working.

My bike is a FZR400 with 600 engine.
I have two auxiliary lights with relay , Trail Tech Vapor meter , manual fan switch, everything works.
Only the Left turn signals both front and rear are not working.

My bike doesn't have the standard meter pods and also the right hand side throttle side switch is replaced with motion pro switch kit which came with the quick throttle.

I debugged using the wiring diagram.

The brown wire connecting the Front left turn signal and rear left turn signal is not getting power when I turn the left turn signal in the left hand switch cluster.
Right one works good, its getting voltage, both front and rear ones.
I replaced the turn signal flasher relay, just to eliminate the variables and with the new one also, the left turn signal is not working.

Also the brown wire running between the left switch cluster and turn signal indicator light is not getting power at the turn signal indicator side.
The left wire running between the left switch cluster and turn signal indicator light is getting power at the turn signal indicator side.
since the brown wire for the left turn signal and the also the brown wire to the turn signal indicator light is not working, what is the next place to check?
Or how should I go about debugging this issue?

I have marked both the brown wires with a red box in the image

I'm really frustrated on this issue.

Thanks,
Sanjeevi
DonTZ125

Re: FZR400 left turn signal not working

Post by DonTZ125 »

Have you stripped and cleaned the left turn switch contacts?
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

Before stripping down the switch first check it with your Multimeter...if it's ok, then check the wire,sometimes after the years wires get broken due to corrosion as a result of isolationbreaks when the plastic-isolator layer around the wire (don't know the proper translation to the germen word "Isolationsummantelung") gets hard and the wire is bended somewhere...
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

"Insulation", and yeah - old chewed-on insulation is a major cause of annoying amounts of time wasted tracking down WTF went wrong.
neroneuman
Site Newbie

Post by neroneuman »

I had checked the switch and cleaned the internals of it with WD40 and removed all crud from inside it.

But I didn't the check the wires. May be next weekend, I will check the switch wires and see if its getting power at the switch end banghead
Evilchicken0
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Post by Evilchicken0 »

Well if there's power going to the right then the problem is between the switch and the indicators.
Check the bulbs are ok, yeah it does happen. Swap them to the right hand side where you know it all works.
The live wire coming into the switch is common to both sides so just see if the switch is making the physical connection.
Check the brown coming out of the switch at the block connector if it's dead then the problem is in the switch.
If the brown is live coming out of the block connector it could be a dodgy earth
Don't read everything you believe
FZR400RR 3TJ Bimota SB6