fuel pump question

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

apsolus
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

fuel pump question

Post by apsolus »

i got a 2002 kawi ninja 600 kinda hard to start at times, nothing alittle throttle cant fix, but i never here thefuel pump buzz like our fizzers do. do all fuel pumps need to buzz in order to work right? i figure yes because thats how the system gets primed. valves are adjusted, fresh spark plugs and carbs are squeeky clean. other than that the bike runs perfectly otherwise.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: fuel pump question

Post by yamaha_george »

apsolus wrote:i got a 2002 kawi ninja 600 kinda hard to start at times, nothing alittle throttle cant fix, but i never here thefuel pump buzz like our fizzers do. do all fuel pumps need to buzz in order to work right? i figure yes because thats how the system gets primed. valves are adjusted, fresh spark plugs and carbs are squeeky clean. other than that the bike runs perfectly otherwise.
A,
The FZR is the only "modern" bike I know with such a noisy fuel pump
_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

Follow the fuel line too and make sure it's even in use. I've heard of some bikes where they just let vacuum do the job
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

yamaha_george wrote:The FZR is the only "modern" bike I know with such a noisy fuel pump
Is that due to the fuel pump being external rather than located inside of a gas tank?
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
apsolus
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by apsolus »

good points everyone. the pump is on the outsideof the ninja as well. ok ill just go by the old saying , "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Return to “Honda / Suzuki / Kawasaki Garage”