Any Honda CB Twin folks out there?

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Any Honda CB Twin folks out there?

Post by ragedigital »

I just picked up a 1976 Honda CB500T and have been stripping it down and cleaning it. Not tearing it down, just stripping the dirt and grease off of it. I paid a $100 for it, so you can imagine what kind of condition it is in. Most of the parts are in boxes. Lord know what might be missing.

I've had my 14 year old boy sandblasting in the back yard - neighbors love that. Pics will soon follow...

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: Any Honda CB Twin folks out there?

Post by yamaha_george »

Darrin,
good luck with that !
I had the mis-fortune of having to deliver one as a favour to good friend. Turns out the new owner lived behind God's back in a Cul de Sac 2 miles long with a gravel surface. Need less to say the heavy old Honda did not like gravel & ended up with gravel rash on the LH muffler..

I went there many times on assorted Yamaha's including an XS650 and never had any kind of "moment".

say honda and go wash your mouth out with soap LoL
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

I'm not looking to dump too much into it. If it can get running for under $300 total, then it might be worth it. Otherwise, I'll just part it out on eBay.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

my buddies and I had a cb360 back in high school that got passed around, one guy got it for helping somebody move, he passed it to another guy who gave it me to repay a small debt and I lost it back to him in a game of billiards several months later. None of us ever actually bothered to get it running, just tinkered with it when bored. Last I heard the second guys grandfather ended up taking it to the scrap yard.
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

nice! pics!!!!!
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

Chances are real good that it will just go to my boy once it is complete. Just looking to do a basic "cafe" style - straight bar, not clubman.
haunter wrote:nice! pics!!!!!
Too lazy... I work on taking some today of the mess.

Return to “Honda / Suzuki / Kawasaki Garage”