big problems

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

KASH
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

big problems

Post by KASH »

1990 ninja 600r c bike ran real good 2 weeks ago now it running like shit. It will idle and choke all day but if give it gas it chugs sputters and dies. put new pugs in still shit. it will go 2 3000rpms then stop
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: big problems

Post by shredex »

carb tuning
KASH
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by KASH »

thats next just got done with the fzr carbs now i got mess with the ninjas :yuck:
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

KASH wrote:thats next just got done with the fzr carbs now i got mess with the ninjas :yuck:
it might only need a good clean and sync.
sitting probably let fuel dry and clog the jets
but who knows.
KASH
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by KASH »

shredex wrote:
KASH wrote:thats next just got done with the fzr carbs now i got mess with the ninjas :yuck:
it might only need a good clean and sync.
sitting probably let fuel dry and clog the jets
but who knows.
thats the only prob you dont know till you get in it ill get a vid 2marrow
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

I'd give them puppies a good cleaning. Would not surprise me if some gunk got in and clogged a jet.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

Those carbs are no fun to get at either.

I was just working on a guys 92 Ninja 600r C. It had no balls. Not sure if they were produced just for the street, but compared to my FZR, that thing had nothing. Is that your experience?

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
KASH
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by KASH »

ragedigital wrote:Those carbs are no fun to get at either.

I was just working on a guys 92 Ninja 600r C. It had no balls. Not sure if they were produced just for the street, but compared to my FZR, that thing had nothing. Is that your experience?

darrin
yep 0000000000000000000000000 balls and its stock so even less nuts . i got it 2 take my test on work out well for that still got it up 2 130mph
KASH
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by KASH »

pic of her
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

I would suggest driving it off a cliff.

or doing the 2010 buell blast conversion
http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes/blast/
KASH
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by KASH »

well update got her running stronger than she ever has. well i had 2 take the carbs off 5 or 6 times and if you know the ninjas you will feel my pain .Im a big fan of the carb dip she will red line now
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

So you got it to take your test (meaning you are unlicensed) but you've taken it to 130mph? And we wonder why insurance premiums suck.
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

KASH
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by KASH »

zero9243 wrote:So you got it to take your test (meaning you are unlicensed) but you've taken it to 130mph? And we wonder why insurance premiums suck.
already took my test and yes iv been riding for a long time . i raced motocross for 15 years . my insurance is 180 for both bikes a year so do a little thinking before talking
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

KASH wrote:
zero9243 wrote:So you got it to take your test (meaning you are unlicensed) but you've taken it to 130mph? And we wonder why insurance premiums suck.
already took my test and yes iv been riding for a long time . i raced motocross for 15 years . my insurance is 180 for both bikes a year so do a little thinking before talking
Sorry I didn't follow what you meant there when you said you got it to take your test. I took it to mean that you hadn't done it yet. Didn't mean to be ignorant, I apologize.
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

KASH
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by KASH »

zero9243 wrote:
KASH wrote:
Sorry I didn't follow what you meant there when you said you got it to take your test. I took it to mean that you hadn't done it yet. Didn't mean to be ignorant, I apologize.
no problem bud it was on a track 2 not the street

Return to “Honda / Suzuki / Kawasaki Garage”