Graduation Project

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

space_weazel
Site Newbie

Graduation Project

Post by space_weazel »

Well I finally graduated (BS) and I have started my project, and since I know how you all like pics I will be adding them here as things get completed.
This is a complete strip down and rebuild (hopefully not the engine) of a 1974 CB550 that I want to run with in a Cafe-esq style. Plan to use the stock tank and reupholster the seat giving it some shape, make my own side covers, single 7" headlight, no fenders, chrome spoke wheels, black engine, small blinkers, custom tail light and plate mount with either straight or drag bars, 4 into 1 Mac exhaust. Color theme is black and red.

Here's the frame almost striped down

And some of the corrosion and damage

The frame is at the powder coater and should be done in two weeks, though I can't decide if it should be red or black, What do ya'll think?
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Re: Graduation Project

Post by Genesis »

Should be interesting
Last edited by Genesis on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

Did you shave any of the excess stuff off the frame before sending it to powdercoat?

Have you looked through the galleries at Mike's XS, or streetrackers.com ? I know they are mostly Yamaha XS models, but there are plenty of cafe CBs in the galleries...
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
Huckleberry
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Huckleberry »

i had a cb 750 back in the day
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

Hope you post pictures of your progess. If I had money Id be starting a cb750 project aswell.
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
mxryder21
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by mxryder21 »

I had a 79' xs650 project that I never got to finish. I ended up selling it to a buddy because it was in my dads garage and he was bitchin at me to get rid of it... I wish I would have never sold it though. I loved that bike!

Heres a pic:
1993 YZFZR61 ***UNDER CONSRUCTION***
abs929cbrrr
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by abs929cbrrr »

haha thats awsome, i want to get a CB750 one day and cafe it out.
02 xr200r set up for XC
96 trx300ex set up for XC

im roadbike less!!!!!!
space_weazel
Site Newbie

Post by space_weazel »

Just an update I had to switch powdercoaters, but the new guy thinks he can get to it this weekend or early next week, WOOT! Also misc parts have arrived, new bearings and a SS hex head screw set.

I have also reaimed my intended outcome to trying to loosely clone the Bimota HB-1.....
space_weazel
Site Newbie

Post by space_weazel »

Finally got the frame back and it looks good I'll get some pics up soon, Now I need to clean the wheels, replace the bearings, have the rotor turned and ported, and get new tires, then put it all together and then I'll have a nice rolling frame!

Return to “Honda / Suzuki / Kawasaki Garage”