THE GPZ 1100 Project

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Re: THE GPZ 1100 Project

Post by csofos »

mrfreeze5 wrote:Im doing something similar to a 1980 Yamaha XS1100. Shaft drive>chain drive conversion. R1 forks, single sided swingarm. Right now, its just a bare frame on the patio and a parts bike stuck in the back of my jeep until my lazy friends come help me unload it.
Pics, pics, pics, pics...... what are you waiting for????
THE COST OF YOUR HELMET, IT DEPENTS ON HOW MUCH EXPENSIVE YOU THINK YOUR HEAD IS.
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

Genesis wrote:
csofos wrote:
Genesis wrote:very very nice, I can think of a half dozen things that you could do on my bike
OK, name your list and i'm coming :thumbsup:
:cheers: i Will pick you up at the airport. I'm just not sure the stuff I need done is worth the price for a plane ticket from Greece
You 're absolutely right. It doesn't worth. And i'm sure you can do the whole job on your own. I wish i could be in USA and help you :cheers:
THE COST OF YOUR HELMET, IT DEPENTS ON HOW MUCH EXPENSIVE YOU THINK YOUR HEAD IS.
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

Well... bad news: the owner doesn't like the front usd end. It lowers the motorcycle very much he said. :(
So i told him about the front end of my 750 fzr. He agreed with that. So maybe tomorrow i'll have new pics with fzrs' front.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

csofos wrote:Well... bad news: the owner doesn't like the front usd end. It lowers the motorcycle very much he said. :(
So i told him about the front end of my 750 fzr. He agreed with that. So maybe tomorrow i'll have new pics with fzrs' front.
C,
Thank God for that it totally ruined the appearance of the bike's " agressiveness " it is a muscle bike after all .

Get rid of those wimpy rear shocks and get a set of piggyback KYB shocks (see my yellow peril pages for the type if you do not know them.) Buy them in Japan as I did as the Japs are throwing them away for Ohlins instead. (they are hooked on brands out there DOH ) mine were like 25UKP or something equally silly landed on my door mat.
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

That is simply amazing. You're very talented my friend!

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

ragedigital wrote:That is simply amazing. You're very talented my friend!

darrin
Darrin, you will find that in places that do not have an OMG mall on every corner the folks learn to "get buy" and their skill increases. Had I stayed in the UK I would not know 75% of my skills. It is the challenge of doing it and doing it well that drove me forward as I am sure it is with Chris. no govt health & safety babying us and interfering with our jobs.
Am I right Chris?
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

yamaha_george wrote:
ragedigital wrote:That is simply amazing. You're very talented my friend!

darrin
Darrin, you will find that in places that do not have an OMG mall on every corner the folks learn to "get buy" and their skill increases. Had I stayed in the UK I would not know 75% of my skills. It is the challenge of doing it and doing it well that drove me forward as I am sure it is with Chris. no govt health & safety babying us and interfering with our jobs.
Am I right Chris?
1000% Geaorge!!! In a few words, if you love to do something, you'll do it, no matter if you know anything about it.
Someone said: "necessity is the mother of invention".
He was right :cheers:
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

Very fastly today, i put my old 750 fzrs' front fork on it. The owner seem to look very happy with that!!!

This is the jointing point. I didn't change not even the bearings! Can you believe that???

And i did a small work with the tail. Put some polyester on the broken tail, to fix the joint points.
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

Today i invlolved with the mountings for mask, light, flashers, gauges. Everything from the beggining and of course handmade.

This is how it stands. It's on the old position and i can ensure you it's more stable now.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

csofos wrote:Today i involved with the mountings for mask, light, flashers, gauges. Everything from the begining and of course handmade.

This is how it stands. It's on the old position and i can ensure you it's more stable now.
]
Now all you have to do is to learn zinc plating & powder coating and you are all set.

To learn powder coating you could do worse than go here:-

http://www.saltmine.org.uk/kgb/powder.html :rofl:
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

yamaha_george wrote: Now all you have to do is to learn zinc plating & powder coating and you are all set.

To learn powder coating you could do worse than go here:-

http://www.saltmine.org.uk/kgb/powder.html :rofl:
Damn.... i have to learn more about that, you 're right.
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

And now i removed everything in order to paint them
mossy1200
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by mossy1200 »

I race against one of these .Ex NZ 600 champ Shaun Donnally has one and a z9.He beats me every now and then.
Its on standard front end and 17inch wheels because we cant change it and standard swingarm (braced) and 17 4.5 rear rim.
It has 30tho engine with 150hp running on methanol so it straight lines very quickly.

http://motorsports.sportsimages.co.nz/m ... mId=266191
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

mossy1200 wrote:I race against one of these .Ex NZ 600 champ Shaun Donnally has one and a z9.He beats me every now and then.
Its on standard front end and 17inch wheels because we cant change it and standard swingarm (braced) and 17 4.5 rear rim.
It has 30tho engine with 150hp running on methanol so it straight lines very quickly.

http://motorsports.sportsimages.co.nz/m ... mId=266191
Are ALL the photographers THAT bloody paranoid by screwing up the picture like that ? Shhesh just about make out its a bike not a helicopter :headscratch:
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

After some work on them, the parts are almost ready to paint.

Return to “Honda / Suzuki / Kawasaki Garage”