Updating my headlights

This is a bad to the bone 1000cc monster.

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Updating my headlights

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

This summer sucked balls didnt get togo to the beach , family went overseas , I got stuc running the joint open to close 7 days a week ,, but i also had a little more funds to work with also so i guess it pays its self off ..anyhow been seeing ppl doing headlight modifications and well when i had my fzr i put HID XENONS and thought i was the coolest shit in town . Hid's on a 94 cmon ... So now i have a newer bike and boring ass headlights that should been on the FZR < Shredex's front end >lol .. So i came across a used set of headlights
,a retrofit projector kit H4,
and some led' strips <2>
that are supposed to look somwhat like New style audi Daytime Running Lights .

Well i set the oven to about 225 and let it preheat .
Took the headlight housing and threw them in there <on top of some oven mits>
pulled them out after bout 8-10 minutes and pried the glass lense cover from the rest of the housing .. Took the chrome plastic looking reflector primed it then sprayed it black threw them in the oven for about 15 minutes on low ..
Then i took the led strips and lined them across the lense part with some high temp clear silicone .. got kinda messy but cleaned up ok .
finally mounted the reflectors back up and installed the projectors right into the whole like plug and play sorta. ran the wire for the led throug the housing , put the headlight sort of back together but not locked in . threw the whole thing back in the oven for about 10 minutes and pulled them out and sealed it back up .. and this is what i came out with from stock to these
before
after
with the led lights on
with one angel eye also
BTW these projectors come fitted with angel eyes <color choice is urs > i chose white because i like to have it all white .
And the headlight are BI-Xenon Both hi and low are xenons but im still working on that .. But so far thats where i've come up to still tryin to figure out where im going to hide all these wires and actually mount the headlights and get everything situated as id like to have switch for led's and switch for angel eyes and switch to cut of headlights and run these when i feel like .. but i Need a day off so i can rest and acually have energy .. Alsoi did this while i was working in back of my restaurant with no special tools and a spare oven we use in the back hehe .. so my next one will looks more profesionall ..
So whatcha guys think , not bad for a tool working out the back of a restaurant ..if i only had my own shop hehe
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Updating my headlights

Post by shredex »

now thats nice shiz there!

may i ask where you got the projector kit as well as LED strip?
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

Very impressed! I love LEDs... Can't wait to see them on the bike.

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

ebay !! projecors came from chine 3 days shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWNX%3AIT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWNX%3AIT

Thanks Rage .. I'm still pattin my self on the back that i didn't melt the housing heating them up in the oven , thought forsure i'd fug that up
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
WSM
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by WSM »

Very clean! Lets see some pics when you get that mounted on the bike.
I have always liked the R8s LEDs, and the new 911 has the same deal.
Damn. If I didn't already love my FZRs one-clear-one-yellow setup, I'd probably be tinkering around with something like that.
1998 FZR600
All Original, except for a custom saddlebag set up. A machine shop buddy of mine seamlessly fitted two GS bags on the rear end for last summers ride.
30,000+ odo
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

well guys came across some pics i had taken of my headlights mounted on the bike the night it got stolen so heres a little of what i had ..
sorry pics might not be too clear ..

so if you see anyone with these headlights Call the POLICE lolol
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

PMF,
You miserable bugger, I have been quietly researching a how -to do this same mod. and you beat me to it. I had figured the LED's would not be such aheavy current draw as just having running lights and I already have projectors in a single housing (NOT HID Though )
Congrats on the work BUT you know that it now make the bike unique did you show the Police the pics to help them as most crims use stolen stuff after dark .
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

Did you have to drill the holes to make them bigger or do they clip righ into the existing holes? what happens if they go out do you have to reheat up the housing and remove them or was the just for the LED's?

I bet your headlights will come up on ebay..... if they part it, because that is just a cool mod. I would just be pissed and want to kill someone.
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

I hope i can find them as these are what would be the most identifieable part ..
YG ... LoL let's see yours what u got .. If your not going HID i would recommend going with some Piaa or piia can't remember but they are baddass ..

They are straight plug and play for H4 bulbs they go right through the opening and you keep the refelctors thats built into the housing .. in my case i just painted them black so the reflectors would be what you mainly see .. think it would looked pretty silly with the reflectors chrome.. But others that do the oem style reflectors from cars .. make their own shrouds to cover what ever is behind the projectors .. Kind of like that guy who built that R7 replica from a yzf750, i believe he made it own shrouds and lenses also ..
Their cool as shit to look at once you have modded them your self because only you know where the real flaw is everyone is like o ah whoa.lolol
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000