Updated mods on my R1

This is a bad to the bone 1000cc monster.

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Updated mods on my R1

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

well guys , first off thanks to all who bought some of my left over Fzr parts because i'd be in trouble if i had just gone out and spent money on parts or accessories ..
anyways i owed my fzr for 6 years and had the same pipe on there the whole time ..
I've owned my R1 almost a month now and have 4 differnt slip on pipes , Jesus am i that picky ? actually just looking for the sound i like . My bike came home to me looking showroom stock .. then i picked up a Akrapovic slip-on , a GTY-R slip on and yesterday just aquired a Yoshi Tri-oval slip-on . Have bought a undertail , and solo seat cowl that didnt work , .
Ive got 2 differnt style disk locks , one heavy duty and one cheap Hong Kong quality ,
as the bike sits its got ,
GTY-R Slip-on
Hotbodies SBK undertail with turn signals
Targa Solo-Seat Cowl
Tinted Windscreen
Mirror Block off plates
Frame sliders
and little yamaha rim
as she sits now , all comments welcome good or bad
old_school
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Re: Updated mods on my R1

Post by old_school »

looks good! you need some pig spotter mirrors.. it's good to see what's behind you.. :whistle
NO FZR :(
05 Yamaha R1
03 Harley Fatboy
what's next?
Dragon
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by Dragon »

+1 on the mirrors.
Your bike looks good though!
:cheers:
tkclow
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by tkclow »

++2 on the pig spotters. Bike looks great pimp :headbang:
92 FZR600
Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon Fiber Slip-on
02 R6 Caliper and MC Swap with S/S Lines
Dual Headlight Upper Swap
Clear Taillight w/LED Bulbs
Vortex 520 Conversion 14/47 RK Gold Chain
Shinko 006 Podium 150/60/18 rear 110/70/17 Front
More To Come
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

sweetness..... +3 on the mirrors
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

Tail looks really good. I dont know how you can ride without mirrors, I cant stand it.
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

I want that GTYR pipe!!!!

she looks good
Fartblood
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by Fartblood »

That is one helluva nice looking machine, and the colour might find it's way onto my fizzer...
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

thanks for the comments , kinda what i was expecting .. the mirror block offs i bought for 5 dollars , seen them on ebay and 5 dollar starting bid, said wth .. i won .. they cost like 50 bux brand new .been pulled over twice in last week and half both time the officer asked about them , both times i replyed that somone stole them ..HeHe hey it works for them it works for me :cop: ..But i love the look of the pig spotters but with my wide IDK ass frame i doubt ill see anything with them anyways .I'm going to throw the stock mirrors back on ..
.i have this pipe sitting around the house picked it up under hundred bucks couple days ago .. looks tits , so since it only take 5 min to swap them im curious to see what it will sounds and look like ...love how my gty-r pipe sounds but it seems a lil bit too skinny .. this tri oval just might do the job ..

so maybe my gty-r pipe ,might be on the chopping block
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

Looks good so far. I say leave the mirror plates on and get some bar ends. Keeps the bike clean and legal.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

:hijack:
need to move this thread into the "yzf-r1" section
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

shredex wrote::hijack:
need to move this thread into the "yzf-r1" section
Board index ‹ YZF Garage ‹ YZF-R1

i think thats as good as it gets for bein on diff forum
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
FizzNation
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by FizzNation »

your tail reminds me of like a space ship or something, i like it. haha
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

95FZR600 wrote:You looking for any aftermarket rear sets?

Im shopping around for some for my R6. My buddy had a set on his Gixxer 1K that I rode and was a lot more comfortable when riding.
yea i would love some adjustables .. got a line on some attack rearsets for 285 used but i just spent so lil spread arcoss three differnt pipes i could of bought them damn rear sets with that money .. messed up thing between that akra , gyt-r and a yoshi tri oval i just picked up.. i dont like any of them dont give it that sounds a 1000 should have .. my next option is to sell all 3 of the pipes put the stocker back on because i think i went fast with stock pipe then with any of the 3 i had on .. might look into getting a full system , do the ram air mod <free> , get a power commander and be done for once and all .. also i just found out can swap the newer 5 spoke wheels just have to use r6 rotors .

i really love this look and setup ,http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/attachme ... 1240931895
but the guy is asking over 400 for it and it comes with the tail also because the tail is made just for these pipes .. i just dont like the way the end of the tail around the tailight looks or else i would grip this in a heartbeat ..
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

FizzNation wrote:your tail reminds me of like a space ship or something, i like it. haha
for some reason this tail has always got my rocks off dunno why but i wish airtech would of made one like this when i had put the other R1tail on the Fzr .. had i kept the fzr this is the tail i would of retro fitted on to it .. plus it fits my big ass better then these new style skinny rear lookin tails lol
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000