Updated mods on my R1

This is a bad to the bone 1000cc monster.

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

mike94fzr600
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Re: Updated mods on my R1

Post by mike94fzr600 »

nice bike flo! when we going to go for a ride again?
my rides
2000 chevy z71 4x4
1993 Suzuki Samurai my mud \ trail toy
1994 fzr 600
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

95FZR600 wrote:You have to be a member to see that link. Post up a pic.
damn i just realized that , cant keep up with all the posts ... I use to be a one forum type of guy now im all over the place .. But yea as i was saying i love this look and i bet these pipes sound mean as hell MIG duals with custom R1 tail probably hand crafted just for the pipes so they sit flush against the tail and recess into it .. I just dont like the way the tail light is recessed into the tail seems a little odd ... but i cant justify giving the guy my stock tail<which is like brand new > and $300 for this even though the sound and look of duals would prob be worth it ..
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

mike94fzr600 wrote:nice bike flo! when we going to go for a ride again?
Thanks Mike ... where the hell ya been ... aint seen u in a Minute ... Just let me know whenever bro .. I'm down to ride .. Need a new front tire though as i think 8700 miles on a stock front tire is pushing it ..
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
mike94fzr600
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by mike94fzr600 »

PIMPMYFZR wrote:
mike94fzr600 wrote:nice bike flo! when we going to go for a ride again?
Thanks Mike ... where the hell ya been ... ain't seen u in a Minute ... Just let me know whenever bro .. I'm down to ride .. Need a new front tire though as i think 8700 miles on a stock front tire is pushing it ..
been working 2 jobs to get my mud truck together for up coming season. putting some money away for my new bike i would like to get next spring. yea i need a new back tire for my bike. soon as i get it. we will have to meet up and ride again
my rides
2000 chevy z71 4x4
1993 Suzuki Samurai my mud \ trail toy
1994 fzr 600
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

PIMPMYFZR wrote:
95FZR600 wrote:You have to be a member to see that link. Post up a pic.
damn i just realized that , cant keep up with all the posts ... I use to be a one forum type of guy now im all over the place .. But yea as i was saying i love this look and i bet these pipes sound mean as hell MIG duals with custom R1 tail probably hand crafted just for the pipes so they sit flush against the tail and recess into it .. I just dont like the way the tail light is recessed into the tail seems a little odd ... but i cant justify giving the guy my stock tail<which is like brand new > and $300 for this even though the sound and look of duals would prob be worth it ..
I think that taillight is from a Yamaha Raptor fourwheeler. I was trying to convince my buddy to give me his for my fzr hehe.
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

I just don't understand why he still has the passenger pegs on there. I don't think it would be very feasible to carry a passenger with those on there.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

you need mirriors...
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

shredex wrote:you need mirriors...

i got mirrors seee ... Plus check out my yoshi Shorty Flo pipe ...lol

94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

Well i cant leave nuff alone .. So the GOLD wheels bug has hit me ..I've posted how my bike looks lately with decal stickers and such .. now i came across some new 5 spoke R1 rear wheel along with a R6 front wheel that just so happened to be a perfect match to swap/ugrade my 02's 3 spoke stock wheels .. Ive been seeing these racers with the gold wheels that have an anodized finish but cost in excess of 1,ooo to 3-4,ooo dollars .. i bought these wheels for 120 bucks the rear wheel had a pirelli pilot almost brand new on it .. so i stripped the wheels , found somone to powdercoat them gold for $200 including prep . the front rim had a ding in it so i sent to wheel straighting shop . $50 .. ordered new front and rear bearings all balls $100 and rear cush drive and sprocket for the new rim $20 bucks . ordere new rotor bolts frnt and rear ..i sent them to get PC'd july 3rd/ was told one week . calls me a week later tellin me his shit got broken into .thought my wheels got stolen ..then he tells me he needs 3-4 days blah blah BS . so i say just make sure they are good not in a rush for them anyways .. So today i get a call from the dude to come pick them up .. on the inside part of wheel where surface isnt smooth i see some drip spots and tell him either re do it or knock off some $$$ he says hell take ten bucks off im like nah re do it .. or take $50 .. i guess it was more worth for him to take 50 then redo the wheel ..ANYWAYS ,, heres my new 5 spoke oem yamaha stock wheels powder coated in a goldish color even though i wanted more metallic deeper look ..looks kinda too creamy for me .but for $150 with slight blemish powdercoated cant really beat it ... well see when they get on the bike ..

how they looked when i got them
today after getting picked up lol im sure some would of said keep the rRaven style but that damn red stripe is painted on there or else for sure i would of rocked them like that even though about buying blue tape and putting it over the red but after i seen the blue tape on my stock wheels said WTF powdercoat em

this is kind of the look im shooting for with the wheels ...

so what u guys think ?
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

I like the black better, but I really don't have a leg to stand on since, I can only dream to own a r1
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by haro504 »

looking good a few different colors draw the eye and make it alittle more attractive with all these extra parts do ya happen to have an extra set of tires 180 an 120 17 in
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

haro504 wrote:looking good a few different colors draw the eye and make it alittle more attractive with all these extra parts do ya happen to have an extra set of tires 180 an 120 17 in
Thanks bro .. dunno whats gotten into me .. as much cash as i threw away for these rims and powder coat and and bearings and then to pay dealer to install all this shit again .. i could have a brand new power commander and new adjustable rearsets for sure .. kinda pissed at my self.. only because the color sample of powder the guy showed me looked exactly what i wanted .. then when i went to pick them up.. they look like a mix of yellow and brown like cream when mixed into coffee .. once they are mounted im hoping they look better if not ill just have them powdercoated or sell them on R1 board and get black raven style wheels as i had originally .. but with out the stripe .. i just wanted the 5 spoke instead of 3 spoke .. as for tires my new rear rim came with a michelin pilot power . so i just ordered a front tire today .. $155 shipped cheapest i could find on ebay .. retail is over 200 just for the front tire ... so not tires laying around .. i do have a 150/60 17 though but i dont think thats what your looking for ..lol .. there are alot of race take offs cheap that i b seeing on CL locally .. if u want i can try to bargain them the cheapest deal for a set and maybe shipp them out to u .. what ever i can getem and cost to ship is what it would cost you i wouldn't look to make anything ..il check around and let u know though can make any promises ..
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by haro504 »

you worry to much about the color. once you put the rotors, drive, and tires on you wont see much of the rim anyway it will look good. i got a couple of bids on ebay for tires but i keep getting outbid at the end got a while till i need them anyway.
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

You sure he is not colour blind I have seen custard look more "gold" than that, I would put those on "Yellow Peril " ** it is almost a perfect match for the tank

** http://www.saltmine.org.uk/kgb/yellowperil.html

http://www.saltmine.org.uk/kgb/yp2.html
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

95FZR600 wrote:Shit....leave the paint scheme alone. Polish and port the heads if you want to spend some money. :cheers:
too late . lol
yamaha_george wrote:You sure he is not colour blind quote]
Yea last time i goto him but thats what i get for tryin to get best deal for the job should of gone with this other guy ..o well ..

anyhow here's a teaser of half since i have to wait for the tire to come in for the front . I'm sure it will look more uniform when the front it mounted .lol BTW it started to rain as i was working. I changed my front sprocket -1 i didnt have impact so i took off my sprocket cover rode the bike across the street to BELLE TIRE . I used their impact gun and 36 mm socket <Now i owe them a lunch> Rode back put it up on this $20 stand i got off CL and changed it . Then Spent and hour or 2 trying to mount the new rear wheel wouldn't go in for life of me damn brake hanger . Plus i think the new wheel is wider by like 2-3 mm .. Finally got it in also the New Rear wheels cush and sprocket are 45 teeth my stock was 43 so now i got a oem -1 +2 gearing setup along with supposedly 8lbs lighter wheels .. Driving it home it stopped raining and OMG on the freeway its a torque monSTER .. probably pull 4th gear wheelies even though i wouldnt dare try .. One thing is that it felt like im doing 80 but says 100 so i need a speedo healer also . $100 bucks more to suck out of me ..Cant wait till that new Pilot power front comes in hopefully this puppy rides sooo smooth.. could care less to make it faster ..

94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000