Updated mods on my R1

This is a bad to the bone 1000cc monster.

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Updated mods on my R1

Post by sweekster »

That looks niiiiiiiiiiiiice. I like it. Can't wait to see the front.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

Thanks bro .. kinda pissed at my self .. shoulda let the dealer do it but i didnt want to pay them $84 dollars and thats not changing out my front sprocket ..Ended up putting a 1 inch gash on the wheels finish <damn Brake Arm> but not really noticable unless ur scoping out the rim for any marks .lol .. but yea cant wait till that front comes in .. Thank god i didnt pre order the gold rearsets and levers that was suppose to complete the theme i was going for and compliment the wheels .. but all the handle bars and rearsets come in anodzied finish so the gold looks like of like burnt gold .. I would get these coated again but im not going to hassle to take off the bearings and tires just to order new bearings .. well see when the front is mounted . if i dont like them ill spray can them black .. I just like how the rim looks so wide in a lighter color .anyhow
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

thanks .... the tires en route from ohio to detroit ups ground <ugh> i prefer usps priority . but i'll live with it .. I'm using a r6 front wheel .. I'm going to have to put spacer's either between the caliper bolt's or the rotor's . Still can't decide ..lolol
I'm thinking it's better todo it on the calipers since there are 5 bolts and might hold up better as to the 2 bolts for the calipers .. ?????? who knows I always take the easy route so i just might end up going wit the calipers for spacing lol
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by haro504 »

i would go with the calipers it would be easier to do. you would have to have machined spacers for the rotors cause if there off on the rotors it wouldent run straigtht
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

Well i finally broke down and bought a front stand for the bike .. It mounts under the tree stem ..
Man its been a couple weeks in the waiting but finally .. I forgot my usb cable at work so just come crappy BB storm 3,2 mp pics .. Well here she its with her new front shoe and brand new pilot power 2ct tire ..and a little bit more uniform ... I must say it feels wierd I dont know if the wheel being lighter makes a differnce or not or if its the brand new front tire but its like i have to get used to the bike again .. just when i was feeling comfortable .. anyhow here she is with her Gold wheels ..
I'm still debating if i should de-badge the bike or not .. Might get sick of the wheels color and go a differnt route come winter who knows .. enjoy the new look and tell me if ya like it or not .. If ya dont , I dont care lololol its growing on me so Ha ...
this pic came out better and still has the mirrors on ..
this was what i was kinda shooting for exept gold decals and gold forks
dont look too much off in the wheel dept though
HUH????lolol
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

You already know how I feel about those wheels. Looks a lot better to me.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

thanks man ..alltogether this mod set me back about 400 .. wheels , powdercoating , bearings and tires .. somone else it prob. would cost double that .. CL and ebay can be your best friend somtime . My next mod is retro fitting projectors with angel eyes into the stock headlight housing .. Just won a set of headlights on ebay for 200 got the projectors for 50 and angel eyes halos for 30 .. should have a damn power commander on here with that damn money .. the ebay guy hasnt sent me no invoice or any shipping info .. i won and paid aug 3rd .. wtf .. and they can be your worst friend also ..
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000