Fuel light question

In the states, this was the upgrade to the FZR600. In other places, this is called an FZR. Either way, many of the components of the US YZF600r fit onto the US FZR600.

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

scottfzr
Site Newbie

Fuel light question

Post by scottfzr »

Hi, i have only been riding my fzr600r for a couple of days now and was wondering when the fuel light comes on do you switch the fuel straight onto reserve? Also how many miles can you ride on reserve roughly? And how many miles can you do on a full tank of fuel? Thanks.
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: Fuel light question

Post by cad600 »

I get about 36 mpg on my 750. So when my fuel light comes on, I can go about 25 miles before I'm pushing it to close. A 600, probably gets a little better gas mileage. But the light comes on when there is about 3/4 gallon left I think.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
jallen
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by jallen »

Yes, you are supposed to switch onto reserve when the light comes on. I wouldn't want to do much more than 20miles on reserve personally. I filled up today having been on reserve for about 5 miles and got just under 15 litres in the tank so I guess I had a bit left. The fuel light came on at 178 miles which was quite impressive but it is Winter (less throttle) and I was just going up and down the motorway with a few miles in London. So, in theory over 200miles from a tank is possible.

John
1994 FZR600R
scottfzr
Site Newbie

Post by scottfzr »

Thanks for your help guys. 200 miles is excellent i didnt think it would get near that. Im on 135 miles and the light hasnt come on so i was just hoping it wasnt broken!