Shock Repair

In the states, this was the upgrade to the FZR600. In other places, this is called an FZR. Either way, many of the components of the US YZF600r fit onto the US FZR600.

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

deansmith
Site Newbie

Shock Repair

Post by deansmith »

Hello - could you please advise where I could get my YZF600R Shock Absorber repaired please. It has just failed its MOT on the shock absorber.
All suggestions welcome!
evan_calgary
Site Newbie

Re: Shock Repair

Post by evan_calgary »

Probably cheaper to get a good used one. Shocks are super cheap on the bay. Yours may or may not be rebuildable. Not sure about that bike but there are a ton of interchangeable shocks...
deansmith
Site Newbie

Post by deansmith »

evan_calgary wrote:Probably cheaper to get a good used one. Shocks are super cheap on the bay. Yours may or may not be rebuildable. Not sure about that bike but there are a ton of interchangeable shocks...
Yeah I did consider but by the time i've bought a used one and paid to get that rebuilt due to it probably needing one, it would of been cheaper to rebuild the original. I've managed to find a motorcycle suspension page on the web that can rebuild shock absorbers http://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/servic ... rvice.html they quote £120 for a full service. I wont be sending it until after Christmas but when I do i will let you know how i get on.
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

For repairing, refurbishing and tuning of Forks and Rear-Shocks http://www.franzracing.de/ is also a well-known company here in Germany ;)
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)