Dash lights

In the states, this was the upgrade to the FZR600. In other places, this is called an FZR. Either way, many of the components of the US YZF600r fit onto the US FZR600.

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

Davetherave17
Site Newbie

Dash lights

Post by Davetherave17 »

Hello guys

right need some help on this one, i have removed my stock clocks and made up my own bracket and fitted a speedo and some led bulbs to illuminate for my warning lights. i am unsure if i have got the right wires to the right coloured bulbs and this is where i am at,

I have wired it all up but one is permanently on, which in this case at the moment is my oil light.

The light in question when i turn my ignition on the light is illuminated and is really bright for a split second and then goes dim slighty but is still bright

on starting the bike my led which i thought was my low fuel only illuminates as i press the starter motor button then stays off

the bike has got some fuel in but is far from having a full tank

have i mixed up my two lights? possibly causing what i thought was my oil light to stay on because i might be low on fuel??

can anybody tell me what lights they see when they press the starter button? thanks Dave
Davetherave17
Site Newbie

Re: Dash lights

Post by Davetherave17 »

its not my neutral light may i add

just seen a video of a older fzr and the oil light flashes when he hits the starter.... think ive wired them up wrong opps time to peel back lots of insulation grrrrr

does the led effect the operation of the low fuel light>? as ive seen it can cause it to stay on due to low resistance of the other lights?>