Location of Sender Unit (FZR600R/YZF600R)

In the states, this was the upgrade to the FZR600. In other places, this is called an FZR. Either way, many of the components of the US YZF600r fit onto the US FZR600.

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

andy1503
Site Newbie

Location of Sender Unit (FZR600R/YZF600R)

Post by andy1503 »

Hi There,

I have a UK FZR600R with the internal fuel pump which I recently re-fitted after a re-spray. I am getting an 8000 rev counter fault which indicates a fuel sender issue. The fuel pump works fine and the bike starts fine but I still get the 8000 fault. There are 3 wires from the pump a (+), a (-) and an earth/ground wire. Any thoughts on 1. where the sender is? and what to check for faults?

banghead
DonTZ125

Re: Location of Sender Unit (FZR600R/YZF600R)

Post by DonTZ125 »

There are 3 wires coming out of a 4JH internal pump - green, blue and black. The green is from your sending unit, which is part of the pump assembly. Check for resistance across the green and black wires. Check for security and condition of the wires and terminals in the pump - harness connectors, and the 8-way TCI-harness connectors. Check for continuity of the Green / White wire from the TCI to the pump.
andy1503
Site Newbie

Post by andy1503 »

Thanks for the info. This is the first time anyone gave info on this fuel pump. Much appreciated mate.
andy1503
Site Newbie

Post by andy1503 »

>> There are 3 wires coming out of a 4JH internal pump - green, blue and black. The green is from your sending unit, which is part of the pump assembly. Check for resistance across the green and black wires.

Do you know what the resistance value I should expect?

Check for security and condition of the wires and terminals in the pump -

I Re-soldered the wires coming out of the pump, I have checked continuity and they are all good.

harness connectors, and the 8-way TCI-harness connectors. Check for continuity of the Green / White wire from the TCI to the pump.

I will check the harness connections. Not sure where the 8-way TCI harness connector is?
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

andy1503 wrote:>> There are 3 wires coming out of a 4JH internal pump - green, blue and black. The green is from your sending unit, which is part of the pump assembly. Check for resistance across the green and black wires.

Do you know what the resistance value I should expect?
Good question. Most of the manual entries on fuel senders of that era simply say 'check for continuity'. Sorry for the confusion.
harness connectors, and the 8-way TCI-harness connectors. Check for continuity of the Green / White wire from the TCI to the pump.

I will check the harness connections. Not sure where the 8-way TCI harness connector is?
At the TCI ... :whistle