Tail chop

For the bad boyz, here a little arena for you to get fightin'!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Tail chop

Post by delvryboy »

I figured I'd add to the list of tail chop threads. Only partially done. Got dragged away by my starving wife for some Indian food.

Did the normal cut all the brackets off. I left all of the mounting locations for the tail plastics.

Then I hacked off the factory taillight mounting bracket.

This will be my new mount for the tail light(F4i). It moves it up about 3 inches and in about 2.

New undertail. I'll be mounting my VR to it. Check out the mad welding skills, if it was structural, I'd be dead.

I have an overflow can that Nate powdered the same red as my Yoshi, but I'm still undecided when or where I'll mount it. In the meantime, with the knowledge from the other tail chop write-up, I picked up a Polaris 500 overflow for $4.75 off ebay.

That's all for now, I'll finish it up tomorrow. That's actually a lot of work involved besides cutting the plastic.
'92 FZR600
Race Tech Springs & Gold Valve Emulators * '06 R6 MC & Calipers * '06 R6 Rear Shock
130 Dynojet Mains/Pods/Flo-Comander * Full Yoshi Exhaust w/ Custom Can
'06 R6 VR * Full OEM Clutch * 14/49 520 Gearing
Seca II Triple w/ Modded Sport Tour Bars * Aztec8 Dual 4" w/ 4100K Halagon lamps * LED Tail/Turn Signals * Vapor Gauges
Lots of Powder
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Re: Tail chop

Post by delvryboy »

Well, I'm not 100% satisfied, but I am content.

The angle nobody ever shows. It does look a little ugh without an undertail. So know what you're getting into.

'92 FZR600
Race Tech Springs & Gold Valve Emulators * '06 R6 MC & Calipers * '06 R6 Rear Shock
Seca II Triple w/ Modded Sport Tour Bars * Aztec8 Dual 4" w/ 4100K Halagon lamps * LED Tail/Turn Signals * Vapor Gauges
Lots of Powder
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

Time to update that signature pic bub. Looks good. Next time I am out there I will have to see it in person.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by delvryboy »

Definitely. I think you just missed it last time you were here
'92 FZR600
Lots of Powder
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by delvryboy »

So, with that overflow being so low and mounted horizontally(supposed to be vertical), it was filling up and spitting coolant all over the place. I ended up finding a decent bracket at autozone and putting on the can.

Excuse the pics, I suck with a DSLR.

Don't know why it's sideways:

'92 FZR600
Lots of Powder
Atomisk
Site Newbie

Post by Atomisk »

Really like your build, curious where you remounted the rectifier after chopping the brackets? Does it even matter or did you just fit in we're you could find space? I'd like to do this really not a fan of the stock tails, at least on my 95 it's mounted on the brackets you might be set up different
Atomisk
Site Newbie

Post by Atomisk »

Oops sorry I see it now, is it necessary to use the r6 vr to remount or could you just stick with the stock?

Return to “Streetfighter'd / Naked / Chopped”