Jezebel

For the bad boyz, here a little arena for you to get fightin'!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Muscrap
Site Newbie

Jezebel

Post by Muscrap »

Hello fellow fizzonators. This is Jezebel, named for her dirty, street rat ways. Here's a quick recap of work done so far.

Here's how I got her.

Wiring was a fail and a half......a taste of her nastiness. It was like this all over the bike. :shocker:

Wiring finished w/ exception to lights. R6 VRR mounted w/ new bracket to point heat sink at air from under tail, moved ignition under tail, etc.

New grips. Drilled out bar end threading, filled with shot, and mounted bar end mirror.

Vapor gauges

More to come soon. Much work did recently, just not ready for the public's eye!
The power of the Fiz compels me.
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Re: Jezebel

Post by delvryboy »

How many wraps did you do on the tach wire? Mine sucks.
'92 FZR600
Race Tech Springs & Gold Valve Emulators * '06 R6 MC & Calipers * '06 R6 Rear Shock
130 Dynojet Mains/Pods/Flo-Comander * Full Yoshi Exhaust w/ Custom Can
'06 R6 VR * Full OEM Clutch * 14/49 520 Gearing
Seca II Triple w/ Modded Sport Tour Bars * Aztec8 Dual 4" w/ 4100K Halagon lamps * LED Tail/Turn Signals * Vapor Gauges
Lots of Powder
Muscrap
Site Newbie

Post by Muscrap »

Gauges are mounted, not wired yet.
Muscrap
Site Newbie

Post by Muscrap »

So I was trying to wire the gauges and my idiot light setup last night and had a problem. I went off the tach signal line (gry) and the rpm gauge was jumping all over the place. I think I might need a better ground (like to the frame), I was just using a random ground wire twisted together for testing sake. Anybody got experience wiring in a Trail tech vapor?
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Make sure you have the right 'grey' wire selected for what the gauges want. I *believe* the Tach output pin on the TCI (8-pin connector, second pin on the bottom) sends a square-wave 12v signal. From Delvryboy's comment, the gauges may be expecting a high-voltage flyback pulse from the coils.

Re-read the gauge manual, double-check.
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by delvryboy »

You connected it to the factory tach wire?
'92 FZR600
Race Tech Springs & Gold Valve Emulators * '06 R6 MC & Calipers * '06 R6 Rear Shock
Seca II Triple w/ Modded Sport Tour Bars * Aztec8 Dual 4" w/ 4100K Halagon lamps * LED Tail/Turn Signals * Vapor Gauges
Lots of Powder
Muscrap
Site Newbie

Post by Muscrap »

Yeah I used the tach wire from the connector that mates with the gauges. Last night I got it grounded properly and wired up. I fired the bike up and now it wont idle worth a sh1t. I think it may be a carb issue because I could get it to run with the throttle held open at like 5 grand, when I let off the throttle, it dies. It has a stage 7 jet kit, so think it's flooding. Another reason I think it's flooding, is that when the throttle gets flicked wide open, gas dropplets will sometimes fly up! banghead

Note: When I had the wires disconnected (tach and signal line from connector) one or both of them grounded to the frame. :swear ......... I popped the signal line fuse. I know, I know, I should have been more careful or pulled the damn fuse....

What is this likelihood I fried my CDI?
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by delvryboy »

The tach wire from the gauge gets wrapped around the #1 plug wire.
'92 FZR600
Lots of Powder
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

The wires are long enough, just ground it to the battery.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
Muscrap
Site Newbie

Post by Muscrap »

I dont think the ground is the issue. I have it grounded to bare frame with di electric grease. My main concern is why the bike isnt starting. Im gonna pull the plugs tonight and see if she's flooded.
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by delvryboy »

thatkid wrote:The wires are long enough, just ground it to the battery.
Barely! Lol. I finally broke one of the 675 gauge grounds. I added about 6 inches to both and one ring terminal.
'92 FZR600
Lots of Powder
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

was that speaker wire??
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by delvryboy »

haunter wrote:was that speaker wire??
No. I think it was copper impregnated 10 lb. fishing line. screwy
'92 FZR600
Lots of Powder
Muscrap
Site Newbie

Post by Muscrap »

Yes sir, speaker wire indeed. It was hooked up all over the place, blinkers, brake light, fan motor, blah blah blah.

I pulled the plugs last night and found all of them fouled and wet with gas. Yay.......

I busted the carbon off and cleaned the crap out of them with a wire brush and carb spray. Letting the bike air out some cause she's flooded, obviously so with the gas on the plugs. Measured the voltage on the coils. All read 12.2vdc +-1mv with key/killswitch in on position. Think the ignition is ok.
Muscrap
Site Newbie

Post by Muscrap »

Here's a pic of a little something i sharpie'd on the tank. It's there until i get around to painting, I got a lot of fiberglass to lay before and paint goes on :cheers:

Return to “Streetfighter'd / Naked / Chopped”