Starting a Fighter Build

For the bad boyz, here a little arena for you to get fightin'!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

lilevl
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Starting a Fighter Build

Post by lilevl »

So this is when I first had a go at my bike. It looks pretty clean for my first attempt at customizing a bike. Image

This is a pic from when I got my bike back from the moving company. I moved from the East coast to the West coast. They really fu&ked my bike up bad. ImageImage

So now with the bike looking like crap, and for the fact that I'm kinda bored with the look, I'm creating my version of a StreetFIGHTER.

For as to what is done to the bike so far......here we go:

Powdercoated the frame and most other things Satan Black, Rims are Gray
K&N Air Filter
Stage 3 Jet Kit
Yoshimira Carbonfiber Tri-oval pipe.....made for a ZX-6R but I made it work for me
Custome Tail
ModdedBird Cage/Fairing stay
Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm with all the fixins
and maybe a few other things here and there that I can't recall right now.

I just ordered a set of 4'' lights with wind screen and Bar end Mirrors from Aztek 8.......If they ever get here
I am cutting down the exhaust to make it look like the newer style bikes.
I also placed an order today for a KOSO guage.
I will be putting a US Navy Gas Mask on the front of the bike with the 4'' lights pointing out of the eyes from the mask and the gauge hiding in behind it.
ImageImage
I'm in the midst of Making some new dog bones to rais the back end.

I am currently waiting on the KOSO gauges, Aztek 8 lights until I can go any further.

This Friday I will be doing the mod to my exhaust. I will be cutting it to about half length. This way it won’t need the mounting bracket anymore.

I saw a write up on here about using the bottom of the FZR air box and the top of the YZF box. This would be sweet so I can use the YZF tank when I change my tail section. I’m not a huge fan of using the Pod Filters so when I saw that thread I was pretty excited.

I hope my fellow riders stay stay with me and follow my thread about my build.

I really look forward to your comments ond cocerns. I've spent a fair amount of time reading a lot of your posts and I have a lot of respect for a number of the members here.

Cheers

Max
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: Starting a Fighter Build

Post by yamaha_george »

Not sure where you are since you have not put your location in the personal profile, if you are my side of the pond i would buy your side fairings.............
rehaume
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by rehaume »

I've been thinking of doing this for awhile as well, getting a street fighter headlight/fairing system, belly pans... but if i did it I would want to do the yzf r6 tank and tail, and swingarm swap... keep us updated with alotta pics.
Wichita, KS
95' FZR600
88' FZR400 with YZF 600 Motor
yahoo msg: swingline1021
Newbee
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Newbee »

I have a YZF600 tank for sale as well as the airbox and R6 tail, subframe and seat, just a FYI if your looking + your fairly close being in Vancover.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6324

Happy hunting
Mods: Polished lips, K&N filter, stage 1 Jet, "Angry eyes", Corbin seat, Custom rattle can white paint, progressive front springs, Barnett clutch, Gold 520 quick accel kit, reflective wheel tape.

To do: Valencia replica decals, Carbon fiber lower faring wrap.
lilevl
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by lilevl »

So my lights, wind screen and mirrors came in today. I also went and picked up the US Navy Gas Mask

ImageImage

I won't be able to cut my exhaust tomorrow because it's the long weekend so I will be going back in the middle of next week. But I will be making a set of dog bones to rais the back end. They will be 4'' and 5'' adjustable.

This weekend I will be mounting the lights.....hopefully get that Gas Mask on. Relocating the Horn, Extending the wires from the harness so I don't have that HUGE wire loom coming out from the frame. I'd also like to relocate the ignition to that frame hole where the same loom comes out of, but we'll see if I have time for that. I also wanted to hardwire a switch for the Rad fan but again, if time allows it shall be done.

I'll add pics of it step by step this weekend as she gets done.
thatkid

Post by thatkid »

lilevl wrote:So this is when I first had a go at my bike. It looks pretty clean for my first attempt at customizing a bike. Image

This is a pic from when I got my bike back from the moving company. I moved from the East coast to the West coast. They really fu&ked my bike up bad. ImageImage

Max
That :swear moving company :swear they stole your plastics, looks like they did a good paint job though, the Blacks better than the Blue. :)
lilevl
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by lilevl »

Lights behind the Mask
lilevl
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by lilevl »

Mawler,

I just took off the side fairings, they weren't stolen. But they were broken in a few spots.
thatkid

Post by thatkid »

i was jk :rofl:

Blue bike then Black bike, couldn't resist sorry
lilevl
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by lilevl »

ImageImage

The first fitting.....

I'll have to take it out at night to see how the light it. I might have to open up the area where the light comes through.
thatkid

Post by thatkid »

Well im gobsmacked (speachless) that is sick (hoping sick is a good word)
rehaume
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by rehaume »

at first, I didn't think that would look very good but, that turned out pretty bad ass looking ClapHands
Wichita, KS
95' FZR600
88' FZR400 with YZF 600 Motor
yahoo msg: swingline1021
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

I'm not usually much for 'fighters, but that's just brilliant, in a truly sick and twisted way! :headbang:
lilevl
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by lilevl »

I ordered this gauge. It's a KOSO RX-2. I think it should look pretty sweet. Image

I was thinking of putting on a pair of R6 headers. I was just wondering if they affected power much. I know that they are a bit bigger than stock so I'm thinking less back pressure = less mid range power

also anybody have any suggestions about what I should do to the bike??? Any input would be really appreciated. As I said I'm cutting the exhaust and raising the tail.

Basiclly I am looking to do only 1 of these mods:

R1 Tail

R6 clipons

R6 rear shock upgrade

Kinda thinking about doing R1 front suspention with rim but only if I can get it at a good price.

What do you guys think?
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

take a gander through this thread. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=587&p=4369#p4369

You'll be happy with the results. More power through the whole range.

Also, thought about putting the horn where the nose is on the mask? It would hide it, look pretty similar, and have it out in front so it would still be useful as well.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."

Return to “Streetfighter'd / Naked / Chopped”