FZR600 Street Fighter Build!

For the bad boyz, here a little arena for you to get fightin'!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Athradian
Site Newbie

FZR600 Street Fighter Build!

Post by Athradian »

Hello everyone!

This is my first posting ever on here, i have used it from time to time to do some research and to see what others have done. But it was time, i was getting bored of the old Fizzer look so i decided to make a change! This is going to be my progress page on how it is going, and i will be trying to post as many pictures as i can!

First off, here is what the bike looked like before (Well when i got it):

I mean i loved it, but it wasn't really my thing! So? Let the mods begin!!! :headbang:
1995 Yamaha FZR600R

- Complete R6 rear end
- Complete R6 front end
- Bed Liner Frame paint
- Regina 520 gold chain
- Vortex 50 tooth rear sprocket
- K&N Pods
- 2005 YZF Fuel Tank
- Street Fighter!!!!
Athradian
Site Newbie

Re: FZR600 Street Fighter Build!

Post by Athradian »

So my first thought on what i wanted to do was to just clean it up! Paint some stuff! I loved the Black & Gold look but wasn't digging the frame and engine and what not! So heres some progress!

Let the tear down begin!

We started with removing all of the fairings, then removed the gas tank cover, then the gas tank. Once all of the was removed, we moved onto the front end!

With removing the engine, you do not need to pull the carbs out! Great thing too, because they seem to not fit on perfectly apparently? banghead

Front end started to be torn down, there is a good amount of wiring going on up there, so we took our time, unplugging and what not!

One of the main things was the wiring to the back of the instrument cluster, it had to go! :thumbsup:

Front end taken care of, now it's time for that engine! Now i did not have the proper equipment for this at all lol but i made it work. Especially since, well it was just me at this time..

See ya later engine!!
1995 Yamaha FZR600R

- Complete R6 rear end
- Complete R6 front end
- Bed Liner Frame paint
- Regina 520 gold chain
- K&N Pods
- 2005 YZF Fuel Tank
- Street Fighter!!!!
Athradian
Site Newbie

Post by Athradian »

Alright moving on, so once the engine is out, this thing is great to work on! Not that much in the way!!

Again, working with what i have lol. The jack stands work fine if you don't have a bike stand. At this point, we removed what was left in the front (Ignition, front brakes) and removed the rest of the wiring harness!

Basically everything stripped down until it was nothing left!

And so? LET THE PAINTING BEGINNNN! :headbang:

I wanted more of a unique look, that others im sure have done themselves, but i decided with a Truck Bedliner paint theme for the frame!

Showing the paint i used (And good lord the overspray is real banghead

This was with everything removed from the handlebars and the rest of everything else. Just wheels, swingarm, and forks left!

Say goodbye to that adorable 150 i had in the rear, it's time for some change!

Handlebars fully off, so let the bike painting commence! After an hour or so of sanding.. :duh:

Sweet finish huh?

The graveyard haha! Real quick side note, if anyone is in NY near Syracuse i will be selling all of this! Some of it is still in great condition! Let me know!
1995 Yamaha FZR600R

- Complete R6 rear end
- Complete R6 front end
- Bed Liner Frame paint
- Regina 520 gold chain
- K&N Pods
- 2005 YZF Fuel Tank
- Street Fighter!!!!
Athradian
Site Newbie

Post by Athradian »

Now here is where she stood before i decided to change my entire plan:

Frame was bedliner (keeping this) the engine was high heat matte (getting rid of) and at this point i decided to say screw it, who needs to ride over the summer lol So i ended up deciding to do basically a full R6 swap on the bike! Let's get started!

Forks are gone, and had to touch up some areas of the paint because it got moved around.

See ya later Swingarm!! :thumbsup:

Engine getting a fresh coat of high heat, GLOSSY, black this time lol. Matte wasn't really going to look good with a matte frame. This looks way better!

See? Much better!

Gotta match up those bolts!!

Engine got test fitted inside, with the main bolts attached (that one huge bolt that slides through the whole frame and engine.. good lord banghead )

**apparently have no picture of the engine fully in but it basically looks the same as the one above.

Now i clearly forgot to be taking pictures at this point, so my new plan was to get a YZF tank to fit on instead of that ugly ass Fizzer tank. So i bought a 05 YZF tank and decided to start mounting it. I created a rear mount using a bar and some bolts and bolted the tank down using that bar (as i was a little bit off on my measurements but it works lol)

I haven't mounted the front yet as im trying to figure out what im going to do but so far its working well!

Another picture of the mount. Again this is still in test fitting mode, nothing finalized!

Drilled and mounted the old Fizzer pump on the bottom of the tank and ran all new lines. Much better set up now!

Hated the ugly ass rear end these bikes had, especially the seats, so that has to go! Time to swap in an 06 Yamaha R6 Seat and call it!

So far so good, that's all the pictures i have so far but will be taking more soon!
1995 Yamaha FZR600R

- Complete R6 rear end
- Complete R6 front end
- Bed Liner Frame paint
- Regina 520 gold chain
- K&N Pods
- 2005 YZF Fuel Tank
- Street Fighter!!!!
Athradian
Site Newbie

Post by Athradian »

Making some more progress on her! Not a whole lot since last post, however have had a busy day! Happy 4th to everyone!! But hey i promise results and progress so here we go!

Decided to test fit everything and how it stands, this is it so far! Loving how it looks!

My buddy's 1994 Suzuki Katana 750! Soon to be in a nice glossy white!

Started to chop and grind down the rails for the seat! (Screws are temporary)

Fit the Battery box in behind under the seat. Looks good all around, just needs to be mounted. will throw the rest of the wiring under the tank!

R6 Forks getting their fresh coat of bed liner!

Can't be rocking a silver tank and expect to look stealthy! pshh!

Removed rear shock mount ready for the new one! Grinded down the rest of the seat frame as well until it was almost flush

More test fitting! Also almost finished tank, just needs clear!

More grinding!!

Rear end ready now for the swingarm swap!!
1995 Yamaha FZR600R

- Complete R6 rear end
- Complete R6 front end
- Bed Liner Frame paint
- Regina 520 gold chain
- K&N Pods
- 2005 YZF Fuel Tank
- Street Fighter!!!!
djalbin
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by djalbin »

It's coming along nicely. Looking forward to the next batch of postings.
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ
Athradian
Site Newbie

Post by Athradian »

djalbin wrote:It's coming along nicely. Looking forward to the next batch of postings.
Thank you! I have some updates but still waiting on some parts! Will try and post them tonight! Only things im waiting on are the wheels, rear brake caliper and the headlights!
1995 Yamaha FZR600R

- Complete R6 rear end
- Complete R6 front end
- Bed Liner Frame paint
- Regina 520 gold chain
- K&N Pods
- 2005 YZF Fuel Tank
- Street Fighter!!!!
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

Looks great!!! i can't believe the tank was able to fit so perfect! You got ideas into my head now! Just remember (you probably already know) that the handle bars won't be able to fit any more, since they'll bump on the new tank. Since it's gonna be a streetfighter, you might wanna put an MX steering wheel. Looking forward for more pics!!!
THE COST OF YOUR HELMET, IT DEPENTS ON HOW MUCH EXPENSIVE YOU THINK YOUR HEAD IS.
Athradian
Site Newbie

Post by Athradian »

Some new updates before more parts come in!!

Got my POD filters!! Yes i know, blah blah get it tuned, blah blah won't run perfect. it's the same bs that people say about cold airs on cars, they run fine-ish until i can afford to tune it properly! Didn't want to ruin airbox anyways!

Swingarm and Shock are in! This is just test fitting to see how it is gonna look and might i say it looks pretty darn nice!!

New gas cap!! Looking all shiny and new! This came with the new ignition and what not which was all worn out badly on the old bike parts! Can't wait to finish it up so i can turn that new key!

Again more test fitting! Seeing how it will be mounted up and what not. For my safety, i figured mig welding (a bad one at that) is not a very safe thing for a road bike so im bringing everything to a shop and having them weld in the mounts for the shock!

Let the grinding begin! Gotta rub those bumps down to fit in the R6 swingarm! Have to make sure i keep it nice and straight too!
1995 Yamaha FZR600R

- Complete R6 rear end
- Complete R6 front end
- Bed Liner Frame paint
- Regina 520 gold chain
- K&N Pods
- 2005 YZF Fuel Tank
- Street Fighter!!!!
Athradian
Site Newbie

Post by Athradian »

Anddddd some more updates!!

Got the new Coolant Overflow Tank in, mounted that up nice and snug and ran the tube upwards. Still waiting on the R6 Radiator, but after that should be in business! Get it all nice and filled up and get her moving!

Put the forks together, and might i say i can not wait until this is done!! Just waiting on the upper bearing right now and should all go together nice and nice!!! :headbang:

More test fitting, but received my new tail light in the mail! Gonna mount it somewhere on the frame there haven't decided yet! But tested it out and it's hella bright!! Can't wait to strap it all together and turn the key!
1995 Yamaha FZR600R

- Complete R6 rear end
- Complete R6 front end
- Bed Liner Frame paint
- Regina 520 gold chain
- K&N Pods
- 2005 YZF Fuel Tank
- Street Fighter!!!!
Athradian
Site Newbie

Post by Athradian »

Sorry for the long delay guys!! Been working a bit, seeing the girlfriend, etc so not a lot of time to work on it! But here are some updates!!

Got the new radiator tubes and such in, and boy is it a difference haha!

Finished up the bottom of the tank, got the fuel level sender on and will be wired to an LED here soon once i start wiring!

Got all the tubes in place!! They never gave me one for the side of the bike though :duh: gotta love ebay!

This was just test fitting, and figuring out the R6 radiator and i decided to pass on it! It's a bit too much work to mount and make it working well so i decided to just skip it and go to the original radiator!

Skipping ahead a lot *cough* 4 hours or so of grinding *cough, cough* and the rear is in!! The Shock still needs to be mounted but that will be done at a shop, so i know the welds are done properly. But damn does it look a lot nicer

A LOT nicer :thumbsup:

So ill try and take more pictures here soon and keep up to date with everyone! Still waiting on the following and then just throwing it all together!!

- Headlights
- Front Axle Bolt
- Rear Axle Spacers to make the Swingarm pivot bolt fit perfectly
- Wiring
- Hook up brakes
- Finish up some painting
1995 Yamaha FZR600R

- Complete R6 rear end
- Complete R6 front end
- Bed Liner Frame paint
- Regina 520 gold chain
- K&N Pods
- 2005 YZF Fuel Tank
- Street Fighter!!!!
djalbin
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by djalbin »

Looking good. :cheers:
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ
old_school
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by old_school »

This is an amazing build! This is exactly what fzr's are all about! :headbang: Really nice work! So are you just chopping the sub frame or actually going for an R6 subframe and tail?
NO FZR :(
05 Yamaha R1
03 Harley Fatboy
what's next?

Return to “Streetfighter'd / Naked / Chopped”