bar change newbie

For the bad boyz, here a little arena for you to get fightin'!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

FZAmbeR600R
Site Newbie

bar change newbie

Post by FZAmbeR600R »

ImageThis is my bike. I was told I need to be asking my questions in this section since my bike is not perfectly stock, although I don't really think of it as a streetfighter either. Anyway, I am going to change the bars to dirtbike 7/8" protapers with no crossbar. My boyfriend will mount them for me using generic dirtbike mounts and maybe adding a cylindrical piece of metal around the lower shaft of the mounts to make them look more like a part of the bike. I just wanted to see some pictures of other fzr's with dirtbike bars and maybe get some suggestions.

ImageImage

91 FZR 600R
hawcer
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: bar change newbie

Post by hawcer »

You'll need a different upper for the triples...from a Seca II, I think. Easily found on ebay. You will also need some bar risers so you have enough room to clear the fork tube caps with the new bars. You have to play around with cable and wiring routing going to the controls since the bars will be sitting higher than the stock position.

Read through some of the threads in this section, many guys have done this and have pics and explanations on how to do it and what is needed.

Nice bike :)
97 FZR600 Thunder rat?
97 GSX-R750
FZAmbeR600R
Site Newbie

Post by FZAmbeR600R »

Thank you!

91 FZR 600R
FZAmbeR600R
Site Newbie

Post by FZAmbeR600R »

K, I have been looking at some bar/mount modifications on here and I think the best bet would be going with the Seca riser with mounts. Does anyone know if a 1981 Yamaha Seca XJ750 Upper Fork Clamp fit a 91 fzr 600r? Cuz that's what I found.

91 FZR 600R

Return to “Streetfighter'd / Naked / Chopped”