FZR600 fighter build

For the bad boyz, here a little arena for you to get fightin'!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Re: FZR600 fighter build

Post by JRK5892 »

main issue is there is so much line there now that i have the 2 inch drop up front, i am more worried about it snagging on something! crap i wish i would have know that about the master before i powdered the stock one! ha ha ah
http://www.thepowderpro.com
The Powder Pro
custom powder coating, polishing, paint, bike builds, and more
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

Well, got after it Thurs and Fri night, got the rest of the paint done, rear brakes lined up (still need to mount up the master so i have not blead them yet), front engine brace on the other side, picked up my engine gasket kit, and started to wire the bike, also got the passanger peg supports on the bike. once the wiring is done, then i can put in the gaskets, get the radiator and exhaust back on... finish the carbs (need to set the floats, jet kit is already in there)

almost! workign like crazy!!!!

after the last coat of semi gloss black, snapped a pic after the booth cleared out and i was getting the clear ready

Paint done

12 hours later, had to do a mock up

close up of the tail section

rear brake

Started the wiring

Got wife God of war III so she is a happy camper

The Powder Pro
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

did not get much done last night but did get alot done, that prob does not make much sence, but the controls are all back together and on the bike, the carbs are clean, floats are set, and the new jets are in, just placed them over the spot they go cause i am going to run the wires before i put the carbs in for sure, hope to have all th wireing done on the bike after tonight, but i got 2 monster valve covers in that need to be polished for a customer so we will see...
also got the clutch perch on the bike, and lubed it, added the clutch switch to it..

this tuscan flat black, the more i add to the bike the more i fall in love with it!

The Powder Pro
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

well, wiring is done! went smooth with everything labeled... i added a switch for my rad fan. i cut and resoldered alot of the iffy sections of wire. the parts in the tail i used some 3m duel sided tape on the back and stuck them in there, it will hold just fine and i do not have to drill into my welded and powdered undertail there. in back looks a bit sloppy still, but i still need to add in the plug for the rear tail light and incorp the turn sigs into that still, once the battery is in and the rear light is done i will clean that all up. ALso got the plumbing all in for the radiator.

tried to bleed out the front brake, i am just not getting much pressure for some reason, i am going to pull apart the master and check it out, may need a rebuild kit, may be that it is completely drained and the speed bleeders are not working for crap, or that it needs a rebuild kit ha ha ha
if so i am not going to rebuild it, i will get a R1 or R6 upgraded master, then powder that. any ideas on that sucker? i am pumping the hell out of it and the fluid is not going down... weird, it is bubbling though!

The Powder Pro
trifgeorge
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by trifgeorge »

About bleeding the brakes. Keep the brake lever pulled in and unscrew the bolt that connects the brakelines to the brake reservoir. Do this a couple of times with pumping between and you will get pressure very fast. The air get's stuck there and it gets out of there pretty hard. That's what i did to mine when the same problem occured.
1992 Yamaha FZR 600 3HE with:
GSX600F fully adjustable rebound forks
GSX600F front wheel with full floating disks
Sigma BC 1009 speedometer
YZF 600 Thundercat tank
Red Rizoma like grips
R6 pilot seat
Complete custom made tail with custom made rear seat
Led front and rear signals and tail light
Custom fiberglass electrics box
R6 Voltage regulator
Custom made rearset hangers
Custom made A123 LiFePO4 battery
KOSO mirrors
GSXR600SRAD swingarm-rear wheel assemby with 180/55/17 Michelin Pilot Power 2CT rear tyre
FZR1000 hydraulic clutch
H1 HID
Hand made mirror plates
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

will do tonight!
The Powder Pro
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

found the problem! I hooked up the mighty vac to the front and pumped it up, found out i had a leak in the plunger unit in the master cyl. it was coming out there when i pumped it, so I took it all apart (again) and did not see anythign wrong with it at all, all the seals looked good and the cylinder was still smooth as ever. so i went to bed, ill mess with it later, my buddy sent me a new master from his CBR so i may jus scrap this one all together and slap some powder on the one he is sending me and rock that. Got the rear pegs on the bike, went to ace and got all the random little bolts i need to finish this up. then called it a early night. I did get the rear mount made for the rear master, and bled out the back brakes. the rear bled out in like 2 min tops with the speed bleeders they where awesome!!!!!
The Powder Pro
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

well, did nto get much done "on this bike" this weekend...
but did get the kick stand cut, measuered, and welded it back up, just needs powder and it can go back on the scoot!

here is what i did this weekend!
well i am going to a 95, flat top pistons, heads are ported heads-1.9 int 1.625 ex (with comression releases, and brass valve guids), andrews 37 cams, welded and trued crank, Timken bearing, SE non roller 1.725 rockers, and of course dyno tune
should be right at 100hp/108qt where my buddies was that is helping me do my motor. you will see his wide glide in the back round of the shots waiting for us to put his 107 build in

The Powder Pro
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

Well a buddy sent me a CBR master and adjustable lever, I took apart the master, cleaned up the plunger a bit, then of course powder coated it. on the lever i unbent some of the curl that the lever had and then sliced off the ball spun it on the belt sander and cleaned it up so that it would match the other side a bit better, then into the blast cabinet to prep for powder. Totally forgot the lid at home!!!! so i still need to coat that, oooh well. while we were coating figured we could knock out the rest of the parts as well, i made a bracket to hold the over flow tube, just bent some flat alum stock around the over flow, drilled a hole in it, done, coat it! then of course the kick stand now that it is all welded up and looking good. the stand came out light years better than i could have hoped, such a small part on the bike that you really really need to look close to see if it was modified, i love that, looks so clean it could have been stock!
then dad brought his bike back into the shop...... AGAIN.... so i slapped his new bars on, of course they where too low so machined up some spacers for the risers to bring them up 2 inches, polished that out... still got to run the wires internal but he LOVES them... tonight i will finish them up so he is good to go for this weekend

the CBR master worked out AWESOME!!!!! took my time taping it off for coating so i can keep the view window. after i got it back together, used the mighty vac, and the speed beeders, i had the whole front end bled in 5 min! if not less, worked out AWESOME!!!!! so pleased with the bleeders and the vac.
* now i need to figure out a front brake switch! any ideas?

The Powder Pro
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

well... had a day yesterday... found out the chain does not have a masterlink, no joke not even a press in flair style, had my brother come by to confirm i was not loosing it and he agreed.... so, cleaned the chain up, it is amazing what a steel brissle brush and some simple green will do to a old chain, and got that on, and lubed up. put the new 15 gear spocket on, right side of the bike all the gaskets on and the cases on, had to pull of the swing arm (not such a bad thing cause i really needed to put on the chain guard wiht it off, put on the chain guard (protect the swing arm), got the chain on, put back on the swing arm, put back on the rear wheel, tightened the chain up, and then put on the sprocket cover and clutch cable (looks awesome in the color match to the tins) from there i did some sodering, i re did the kick stand switch, redid a few lines up front, redid the conections on the clutch switch... and my brother found a honda switch in my box of switches!!!! so i have a front brake switch now. from there i set the height of my floats, went to 23mm, stock is 22, aftmarket needle is 24, since i have stock needles but a jet kit in it i cut it in 1/2 and did 23mm so we will see how that flows. got the carbs mounted into the bike

so tonight i need to figure out how to button up the cluster FK of plugs at the neck of the bike, then wire up the front headlight, plug that in and DONE, got the speedo line run, done

all i am waiting on is the correct head gasket, the one that they sent me was from a YZF not a FZR! soon as i get that the cooling system and exhaust goes on. and i can fire her up!

brother and dad are going out riding Fri I hope to be with them on this!

for some reason only one picture sent this morning from my cell... so i have to figure out how to get the rest. but here it is
The Powder Pro
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

how about some pictures from yesterdays work?

chain dirty before clean (amazing what soaking it in some simple green and using a soft bristle steel brush can do)

chain clean and on and freshly lubed

carbs in place
The Powder Pro
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

where's the outlet for the overflow bottle?
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

it is on the side of the bottle thread, if you look back inthe first posts you will seeit there, i have not installed it yet but that is the plan for tomorow
The Powder Pro
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

here ya go
The Powder Pro
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

I pulled the bike down and the new kick stand, PERFECT! for once my measurements where spot on, the weld angle is spot on for the foot, and man is this sucker low!!! i am not to crazy about the tail light and still may just tint or paint that and leave the ends open... but that is all to come. here are some pics, i know some of you where not feeling the headlight, but i have to say, i love it! LOVE IT!, the bike had 3 cars stop to check it out just sitting outside. i thought that was pretty cool!

keep in mind the wife is 5'2 and was in flip flops, this sucker is LOW

it is a bit dusty from blowing out the shop, but the guages look great! still need to powder the top resivor but the new brakes work AWESOME!!!!

not to sure about the back end

cleaned and ready for work!

wife had some time and so did I, so she wanted to take out the cafe, she hopped on the enfield, and i tossed an old set of clubmans on the KZ, and we went and found some good twisties to rip on for a few hours

The Powder Pro

Return to “Streetfighter'd / Naked / Chopped”