!!!!!!!!GHETTO'S BIKE BUILD!!!!!!!! new pics up

For the bad boyz, here a little arena for you to get fightin'!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Re: Ghetto bike build(look r6 swingarm pics)

Post by mrfreeze5 »

my zx6rr sprocket came from ebay and was about $20. I dont remember the seller though. I want to say it was along the lines of sum of all parts...
ghettomedic505
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by ghettomedic505 »

mrfreeze5 wrote:my zx6rr sprocket came from ebay and was about $20. I dont remember the seller though. I want to say it was along the lines of sum of all parts...
and the year is 03-06 ish right
OH I THINK I DROPPED MY MONKEY

mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

crap, I dont remember...

That sounds about right though...
ghettomedic505
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: Ghetto bike build>update need help

Post by ghettomedic505 »

So i got the yzf tank in and need a mlittle help. if you an please take pics of how you mounted it and post. thanks in advance :notworthy:

mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

ghettomedic505 wrote:So i got the yzf tank in and need a mlittle help. if you an please take pics of how you mounted it and post. thanks in advance :notworthy:
Front or back?
ghettomedic505
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by ghettomedic505 »

the back please but if you have the front it wouldnt hurt and Im going to have totrim the r1 seat like you did freeze. it doesnt fit right :duh:

mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

ghettomedic505 wrote:the back please but if you have the front it wouldnt hurt and Im going to have totrim the r1 seat like you did freeze. it doesnt fit right :duh:

Yeah i had to trim my seat pan at the outermost tips because the radius is tighter on teh R1.

the BEST way to mount the front is to use the front bracket from a FZR1000. It is completely bolt on and fits perfectly. you can buy it new from bikebandit or the dealer.

Anoter option is to bend and modify the stock front FZR bracket, but I think this looks like ass and doesnt fit that well.

Since youre still using the stock subframe there are limited options. There is a way to modify the stock rear bracket to fit, but I never tried that so I dont know specifically.

Before I decided to cut off my stock subframe(because I HATED the way teh R1 tail fit it, just did not look right and no good way to fasten the passenger seat, and the undertail didnt look right with it. The tail was too flat) I reused what I had available. My bike came with FZR1000 fairings and tank on it and it had the FZR1000 rear bracket on it. i cut it and rebent it and was going to rivet it to the frame, but it seemed too halfassed for me.

Check this page out, it documents my first attempt at this setup. i did not like the results with the rear tank mount or the tail orientation, plus I wanted to safely carry a passenger and eventually decided to do the undertail exhaust, so the new subframe became the best alternative. I still have the front bracket and it could not fit better. The only modification I made to it was to drill a new hole on the tank side bracket for the horizontal mounting bolt to allow it to slide forward about 5mm and a little lower to allow the tank to sit more flush with the frame. It made a big difference in the way the tank fit.

http://www.fzrarchives.com/ipb/index.ph ... 1279&st=30

Now, to mount the rear of the tank to the subframe, I drilled to holes, one on either side along the edge of the tank. I also drilled a matching hole in the raised lip along the side of the subframe on the top and tapped it. I now use to 6mm bolts to bolt the tank directly to the subframe with a small rubber washer in between.
Last edited by mrfreeze5 on Wed May 13, 2009 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

actually, just follow the link in my sig, its already got these pics and more. Its not quite comprehensive, but it gives you soem options.
ghettomedic505
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by ghettomedic505 »

SO I DECIDED IM GOING TO JUST FAB A MOUNT UP SOME HOW, WONT BE PRETTY BUT WILL WORK. ALSO GOT THE FRAME WELDED WHERE I GROUND DOWN TO FIT THE SWINGER(PICS IN THE MORNING) SO i JUST NEED TO FIT THE TANK AND TAIL WAIT FOR MY SHOCK BRACKET TO MOUNT. THEN ITS PAINT, PUTBACK TOGETHER, AND THEN ITS DONE.......FOR NOW

mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Re: GHETTO'S BIKE BUILD

Post by mrfreeze5 »

you can modify the stock bracket to work. Its not pretty though. If you can weld, it wouldnt be too difficult to make a bracket yourself that mimics the 1000 piece.

Some rectangular tubing, a little bit of plate and a little time is all you need.
ghettomedic505
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by ghettomedic505 »

So its been way to long since I posted an update or even worked on the bike. I just had a crazy last month abd didnt feel much like working on the fizz but I pulled my head out my a$$ and here is a pic for ya all

sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

Looking good mang...looking good.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

Build it...Ride it
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
ghettomedic505
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by ghettomedic505 »

so question look at above pic and tell me if that is how the dog bone and shock is suppossed to go. also for those who have done the swao is it supposed to be really stiff???? or did i do something wrong IDK

tampaFZR600
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by tampaFZR600 »

damn those primer pictures look quite familiar!

Are you going to paint the frame Black?
FZR 600 "bring back to life" project.... SHE LIVES!!!
FZR manual---->> http://commline.com/FZR/600/MANUAL/

Return to “Streetfighter'd / Naked / Chopped”