Riddle me this???

For the bad boyz, here a little arena for you to get fightin'!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

lilevl
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Riddle me this???

Post by lilevl »

where the F*#K are you guys hidding your horns. I would like to relocate mine as I'm in the process of a Streetfighter transformation. I've looked at a number of pics but I can't find where they are going???

Thanks
Freestyle72
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Re: Riddle me this???

Post by Freestyle72 »

LOL I am street fightering mine as well. I just figured I'd stick the horn behind the headlight.
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

I mounted mine to the bottom of the radiator. I bent the flat bracket that the horn is mounted to into a squared U shape, so it hugged the radiator.

this is the best pic I can find right now:

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Freestyle72 wrote:LOL I am street fightering mine as well. I just figured I'd stick the horn behind the headlight.
That is the most common idea to hide it but it can muffle the sound, MrF's is has it out in the breeze where it belongs BUT I would have two & make like eyes LoL
lilevl
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by lilevl »

mrfreeze5 wrote:I mounted mine to the bottom of the radiator. I bent the flat bracket that the horn is mounted to into a squared U shape, so it hugged the radiator.
I was thinking of that spot too. Where did you run the wires?

Also, your bike looks sick. you've done good work. What tank and tail is that?
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

lilevl wrote:
mrfreeze5 wrote:I mounted mine to the bottom of the radiator. I bent the flat bracket that the horn is mounted to into a squared U shape, so it hugged the radiator.

I was thinking of that spot too. Where did you run the wires?

Also, your bike looks sick. you've done good work. What tank and tail is that?
The wires are routed straight down behind the radiator, they were just barely long enough. In fact, I think those 2 wires are the only ones on the front of the harness I didnt mess with.

Its a 03 YZF600 tank and 06 R1 tail
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

HORN!!!! that is what the random bracket i have left after powder coating is from!!!! man, have nothing to offer but man this got me thinking and now i know what the hell the extra part is! i think i am ogin to stash mine under the tail piece
http://www.thepowderpro.com
The Powder Pro
custom powder coating, polishing, paint, bike builds, and more
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

JRK5892 wrote:HORN!!!! that is what the random bracket i have left after powder coating is from!!!! man, have nothing to offer but man this got me thinking and now i know what the hell the extra part is! i think i am ogin to stash mine under the tail piece
JRK,
unless that horn under the tail is out in the breeze it will be too muffled, for the blue rinse crowd & football mums in the SUV with the kids rock songs & her on the phone to hear :cop:

DO NOT ASK HOW I KNOW!!!!
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

good point! i tested it last night and you could hardly hear it. i think i am going to try an stash an air horn under there and see if that gives me enough, if not i will will just put the horn where it belongs, it is all powder coated so it does not look bad at all
http://www.thepowderpro.com
The Powder Pro
custom powder coating, polishing, paint, bike builds, and more
lilevl
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by lilevl »

so did you just drill a hole in the bottom back of your Rad? and then tap it? and didn't you have fluid pissing all over? and if so did you have to drain all your fluid and then teflon tape the screw or put in a rubber o-ring to stop it from leaking after you refilled it? :headscratch:
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

lilevl wrote:

so did you just drill a hole in the bottom back of your Rad? and then tap it? and didn't you have fluid pissing all over? and if so did you have to drain all your fluid and then teflon tape the screw or put in a rubber o-ring to stop it from leaking after you refilled it? :headscratch:
There is a tab there with a hole already. I didnt modify the radiator at all. The only thing I had to do to mount it was bend the horn bracket to fit and run a bolt through it.

Return to “Streetfighter'd / Naked / Chopped”