Acewell Guages

For the bad boyz, here a little arena for you to get fightin'!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Bad Habit
Site Newbie

Acewell Guages

Post by Bad Habit »

Cuz there very important to have, right, gauges. lol Has anyone here used the Acewell guages. The round, kinda classic style fits what I'm trying to do with my bike real well, but just haven't heard a whole lot about them? So if anyone does have any experience with this gauges specifically, It would be much appreciated. :shocker
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Re: Acewell Guages

Post by mrfreeze5 »

Ive got their speedo and its a nice product. But theyre customer service is some of the worst Ive ever dealt with.
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

I retract my previous statement. This thing is a royal pain in the ass to install and it did not come with everything it was supposed to. If youre using R1 forks good luck mounting it, there really isnt a good way to do it. Im having to mount it to the rear swingarm. And its fighting me every step of the way. Plus the viewing angle is like a bad LCD tv, if youre not looking directly at it you cant see the readout at all. The bracket that somes with it is NOT helpful at all eithe, in fact its a huge hindrance. Its about 45* off from what it should be to be easily installed on most applications. Im going to have to fab some sort of mount for it now.
brad1
Site Newbie

Post by brad1 »

I have the square sull digital acewell gauges. It comes with no instructions, just this electric wirring setup chart that has no key so some symbols I don't know what they are talking about. I also have a demon headlight assembly and the guages wont fit where I want them to. I havn't even botherd trying to wire anything yet because I am going to have trouble mounting it and I need to replace the front forks so what's the point in mounting it? The guages are nice but, mounting will be a pain in the ass.
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

I agree on the mounting issues. Mine came with this stupid angled bracket. If I were to have bolted it down at that angle, I would not be able to see it at all. I had to bend the thing in half. And on top of that, you cannot remove the bracket on the 2800/2900 series without cutting the plugs off the wires. Dumb design IMO.

On my XS11 project I am building this winter, I think I am going to try the big Veypor guage. Im not a big fan of electrosport anymore. Like i said before, the product is decent, but not as good as it could be, and the company leaves a lot to be deisred.

Return to “Streetfighter'd / Naked / Chopped”