This is where the magic will happen! (New pics 01/30)

This area is owned and operated by ThatKid (Nate)

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

This is where the magic will happen! (New pics 01/30)

Post by thatkid »

And I finally got the keys. I am officially a renter! I have 1425 sq. ft of shoppity shop goodness. I can't wait to move in!

The front. (That's my paps. He's co-renting with me. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it.)

The inside office. (Where the magic will get displayed.)

Where the magic happens.

Things will happen here, but they won't be as magical.

First thing moved in. Shop Monkey!!

A parting shot of the front of the shop again.

Who's excited? :banana:
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
scarlett
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: This is where the magic will happen!

Post by scarlett »

I won't get too excited about this so all I will say is: SHOP! :banjoman :grinnod: :headbang: :banana:
And I'm glad to see you already have a friend moved in.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

thatkid wrote:And I finally got the keys. I am officially a renter! I have 1425 sq. ft of shoppity shop goodness. I can't wait to move in!

The front. (That's my paps. He's co-renting with me. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it.)

The inside office. (Where the magic will get displayed.)

Where the magic happens.

Things will happen here, but they won't be as magical.

First thing moved in. Shop Monkey!!

A parting shot of the front of the shop again.

Who's excited? :banana:
TK,
wish you & your dad and the monkey all the very best o' luck. it takes balls to open in a recession but it has been my experience that if you can stay open 18 months in those times you can make it work.
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

yamaha_george wrote: it takes balls to open in a recession but it has been my experience that if you can stay open 18 months in those times you can make it work.
+1000 :thumbsup: wish you all the best. I know very well how difficult is to open a shop. Al the best from the bottom of my heart :cheers:
THE COST OF YOUR HELMET, IT DEPENTS ON HOW MUCH EXPENSIVE YOU THINK YOUR HEAD IS.
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

:udaman
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

it's always good to have a monkey around
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

Awesome! Are you going to run the shop full-time or are you going to keep your sales job and do this on the side?
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

zero9243 wrote::udaman
x2!!!!
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

Niiice. Best of luck!

You got 220Vac there? Three phase?
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

is it legal to live there?
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

zero9243 wrote:is it legal to live there?
:rofl:
He could just claim to be "working late shifts".
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

Congrats Yo. Good luck with it...
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
Dragon
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by Dragon »

Congrats Kid, G.L.!!!!
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Woah! Thanks guys!

Right now it's just an oversized garage. I needed more space than the basement was offering and got a killer deal on rent for this place. The idea is that I'll get half of the space for a shop and the other half we are trying to rent out to people to store their cars or bikes for the winter. That way at least some of the rent will be offset.

The place has 208 3 phase which I'm told is the same as 220/240 for all purposes, but I don't know. I have plumbed in water faucets for hose hookup in the shop as well as just outside the doors. Also have a drain inside.

Mainly I'll be working my crappy day job and keeping my insurance and some steady money coming in and then heading over here at night and off days to build things. The locksmith is pretty cool and has already offered to hand out a business card to anyone that mentions the word motorcycle so I need to get on that.

Beyond that I've bought a tire changer and will be making a balancer in the near future. I built a huge sandblasting cabinet (4x3x2) I'm waiting on some cash so I can build my new oven that will be able to handle frames and I need to build a new spray booth with some kind of dust collection for the powder.

It's been one very very stressful experience but I'm hoping it pays off in the end.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

Dude! That rocks! I wish I had the stones (and maybe even some marketable skills!) to start my own business. Best of luck to you! :cheers:
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

89 FZR600 - Vance & Hines, DynoJet, Zero Gravity - sold in '91

http://www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 Parts For Sale !!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9971

Return to “Green Machine Customs [Custom Fabrication / Machining / Powdercoating]”