Race bars and cover protectors!

This area is owned and operated by ThatKid (Nate)

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Race bars and cover protectors!

Post by thatkid »

Soon folks...SOON!! I finally got off my ass and designed one. The good news is that it will be entirely bolt on with stock hardware (I think) and will work with fairings. Will require a 1" hole drilled in each fairing. The bad news.. It will still take a little bit of time to get them finalized. But I am working on them.

I decided to go with the bar as it's easier to design and produce and I think it will appeal to more people. Not many members really need a full cage. Plus the nightmare of trying to make it fit fairings is more hassle than I needed. This solution will protect your covers and not get in the way or look like you are wanting to be a stunna'

The cover protectors will be similar to what Target has/had on his bike. I will make them bolt on but welding the bottom mount would be the best way to go. Those are still in the works as far as a final design. I know how I want the mounts to work, it's just finalizing the cover.

Pricing will tentatively be about $150 shipped for the race bars. They will be powdercoated with your choice of 1 of 10 colors. The cover protectors will be about $75 shipped with the same deal on powder.

Pictures of the right side bar. Left side is still getting the kinks worked out so it will be fully bolt on.

The cover protectors will be similar to this. (Thanks Target for the image)
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Race bars and cover protectors!

Post by sweekster »

:headbang: :shocker
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

Looking good there, Nate. Were you going to modify those cover protectors fit through the stock bodywork?
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

dude I am so in for a set.

but I have no idea what you mean about my bike, cuz thats not a pic from me :)

saves me the trouble of getting and swapping a stator cover too
slayermd
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by slayermd »

I wouldn't mind having a set of those race bars on my race bike so I can race with it.
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

slayermd wrote:I wouldn't mind having a set of those race bars on my race bike so I can race with it.
That is a lot of race! :grinnod:
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
Target30
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by Target30 »

The cover protector pic is from me.
this isnt great, but shows it through a beasley belly pan
i shot an emial off to the guy i bought the bike from to see if he remembers where he got it from
I did that.

"(12:38:42) sweekster: i work when i want because i'm sweeks"
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Target30 wrote:The cover protector pic is from me.
this isnt great, but shows it through a beasley belly pan
i shot an emial off to the guy i bought the bike from to see if he remembers where he got it from
And corrected. It looks pretty home brewed to me, but if he did buy it somewhere that would make it easier for people probably. Wouldn't have to wait for my slow ass to make them! :ermm:
Do YOU Scopper?

Target30
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by Target30 »

i couldnt tell, I think i sold it off, but i'll look around to see if i can find it in my pile of crap! the center black part is a plastic insert, i just wouldnt think someone would go to that trouble for a homemade job.
I did that.

Target30
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by Target30 »

OK folks, i actually still have that cover protector. soooo, i can see myself donating it to be replicated for others if this is something that would be wanted. i would only require a small percentage, say 85% of the profits of each sale! :tard: jk ok, anyhow, i gots it, so a suitable replica could be made.
I did that.

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

And I'm back on track! I have it figured out for a complete bolt on design. I finished one side tonight and will hopefully finish the other side soon. I'm still playing around with some design ideas but this is pretty finalized. The first ones will be made to fit naked bikes. The next few will be for stock fairings. Then, if Zero ever gets his airtech kit back down to my house I'll design a few to fit those as well. I'm trying to keep them as streamlined as possible so it won't mess up the lines of a faired bike.

The cover protectors are still on hold as I'm waiting for someone to ship them to me so I can reverse engineer them easier. He's pretty slow on the shipping front.

These pucks will be available when I make the race rails available. They will be a bit shorter and the bolt will fit correctly. This was purely for demonstration. :)
Do YOU Scopper?

haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

its about damn time nate!!! :D :D :D
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

Damn my bike is last on the list.....Zero get those fairings over to nate's house!!!
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

I might be interested in picking up some of these nate, it's looking good.
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

I'll definitely be picking up a set when you finish getting them done up for a stock-fairing bike. I'm gonna re-do the paint this fall, and with my luck I'd have a low-side just after the paint got dry...
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets

Return to “Green Machine Customs [Custom Fabrication / Machining / Powdercoating]”