Custom Exhaust

This area is owned and operated by ThatKid (Nate)

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Custom Exhaust

Post by thatkid »

I had a guy who wanted one for his Daytona 675. I said sure, why not? And.......GO!

All the parts for it. The ends were turned from 4" aluminum bar. The main body is 4" aluminum tube. The baffling I stole from a V&H pipe I had lying about. The ring was made from steel and attaches with 7 SS allen heads.

Another angle.

Everything fits together so perfectly. The body is next door getting cut on an EDM machine so that it's perfectly square and free of burrs.

Parts pressed together but not riveted yet. Trying to get a sense of where to put it. The goal was out of the way in case another low side happened.

It's final resting point.

All riveted up.

And fully mounted on the bike.

Some carbon heel guards he wanted made as well.

It was interesting making it and having no clue how it was going to sound when it was done. Turned out very well and gave the bike a lower tone with throttle. Idle it was still pretty loud, but while revving it sounded meaty.

I'll see if I can get him to get a sound clip of it.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Custom Exhaust

Post by sweekster »

:cheers: :thumbsup: :notworthy:
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

I'm thinking of making a couple more of these if people would be interested. They would be around ~$200. Who DOESN'T want a custom one off slip-on?
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

I still have the ability to make these. Anyone looking for a pimp slip-on that no one else will have let me know.
Do YOU Scopper?

Return to “Green Machine Customs [Custom Fabrication / Machining / Powdercoating]”