This is where the magic will happen! (New pics 01/30)

This area is owned and operated by ThatKid (Nate)

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

gre3nskeeper
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: This is where the magic will happen! (New pics 01/11)

Post by gre3nskeeper »

my bike looks cozy with that blanket over it.
1995 YZR600R
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

TK,
galvanised steel will get badly scratched and rust quite quickly unless you coat it in oil ,do want oil on everything?

Either get stainless steel 20G is good enough (I have it on mine back home) or do as a mate did, "rescue" an old house boiler (a big one ) cut off all the insulation foam then cut along the seam cut around the top & bottom. then buff it down to a nice finish inside & out. Then using copper large head nails tack it along one edge of the bench and gently tap it flat down then fasten it in place.
Polish to suit, will not wear or tear easy to clean
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

yamaha_george wrote:TK,
galvanised steel will get badly scratched and rust quite quickly unless you coat it in oil ,do want oil on everything?

Either get stainless steel 20G is good enough (I have it on mine back home) or do as a mate did, "rescue" an old house boiler (a big one ) cut off all the insulation foam then cut along the seam cut around the top & bottom. then buff it down to a nice finish inside & out. Then using copper large head nails tack it along one edge of the bench and gently tap it flat down then fasten it in place.
Polish to suit, will not wear or tear easy to clean

I would love to use stainless but it's expensive. I have it on my "island" table in the first picture but the only reason is it was free. I have a bunch of left over galvanized steel from my oven which is why I will probably go with it. I have to walk before I can run and right now I'm saving and scraping to get a plasma cutter for the shop or a new powder gun. So table tops have to be sacrificed first. Heh.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

gre3nskeeper wrote:my bike looks cozy with that blanket over it.

Oh she's all tucked in for the winter.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: This is where the magic will happen! (New pics 05/10)

Post by shredex »

thatkid wrote:...
Lots of sexy parts! The orange is a dormant orange and the black is Super Durable Wet Black. And it looks wet alright!
What are the black hook looking contraptions in the back? I do not believe I have ever seen these...
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: This is where the magic will happen! (New pics 01/30)

Post by thatkid »

Billy is right. They are hooks that used to be on my Isuzu Rodeo. I decided to clean them up and coat them. Maybe make a couple bucks on them.
Do YOU Scopper?

Return to “Green Machine Customs [Custom Fabrication / Machining / Powdercoating]”