This is where the magic will happen! (New pics 01/30)

This area is owned and operated by ThatKid (Nate)

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

scarlett
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: This is where the magic will happen! (Setup pics 11/15)

Post by scarlett »

:cheers:

This place looks bloody well awesome.

Food "nook" my ass.
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

scarlett wrote::cheers:

This place looks bloody well awesome.

Food "nook" my ass.
Agreed
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
R3TARD
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by R3TARD »

gettin there bub. you need some web design and good search engine optimization and I need some powder coating...... Hrmmmm

1992 FZR 600
Yoshi exhaust
K&N pods
Airtech R1-kit
02 R6 fork swap
02 R6 Swingarm
520 chain conversion
07 R6 controls
Vortex R6 clipons
07 R6 radial master

2003 CBR 600rr
bone stock
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

If I could find a shop like that with a fenced back yard, Id live there :D
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

mrfreeze5 wrote:If I could find a shop like that with a fenced back yard, Id live there :D
If its big enough I'd buy a plane ticket just to be able to wrench some place again, this no garage / tinker spot/ shed malarky is doing my head in, even my Doctor agrees I should be getting better doing things that I enjoy NOT sitting on my butt.
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

yamaha_george wrote:
mrfreeze5 wrote:If I could find a shop like that with a fenced back yard, Id live there :D
If its big enough I'd buy a plane ticket just to be able to wrench some place again, this no garage / tinker spot/ shed malarky is doing my head in, even my Doctor agrees I should be getting better doing things that I enjoy NOT sitting on my butt.

I know the feeling, I dont have much of a workspace right now either. And now there's snow and cold outside until april. I am considering setting a bike up in the kitchen over the winter. I am single and live alone and rarely cook, so I can get away with it I think. Ive got seom space in the basement, but cant get big heavy things don there very easily.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

mrfreeze5 wrote:
yamaha_george wrote:

I know the feeling, I dont have much of a workspace right now either. And now there's snow and cold outside until april. I am considering setting a bike up in the kitchen over the winter. I am single and live alone and rarely cook, so I can get away with it I think. Ive got seom space in the basement, but cant get big heavy things don there very easily.
Yup I know that feeling well my bike just got evicted from the lounge 'cause the out-laws are flying in :-{{{{

I love them to bits but getting my bike evicted does not make me happy by a l o n g waaaaaaaaaaaaay

I now am in full find a space to wrench in mode and if Madam bitches about the cost .TOUGH I need my wrench /space / time .
JRK5892
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by JRK5892 »

very cool man! very cool!
http://www.thepowderpro.com
The Powder Pro
custom powder coating, polishing, paint, bike builds, and more
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Woo an update. The blasting cabinet is for the most part up and running. It's about to change a little (needs to me a little more dust proof) but it did a decent job on some parts.

Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

Sorry it was mostly my parts and not many of yours heh.
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: This is where the magic will happen! (New pics 02/14)

Post by yamaha_george »

Nate,
A word from one who has cause to know line the back wall with the thinnest steel or corrogated iron *** as the beads after awhile will cut a hole in it.
As for sealing I used bathroom caulk from the local " homedepot"

*** I actual used a miriad of coke cans on one and an old copper water heater drum cut & flatterened it out on another
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

yamaha_george wrote:Nate,
A word from one who has cause to know line the back wall with the thinnest steel or corrogated iron *** as the beads after awhile will cut a hole in it.
As for sealing I used bathroom caulk from the local " homedepot"

*** I actual used a miriad of coke cans on one and an old copper water heater drum cut & flatterened it out on another

My HVAC connection is on vacation but when he gets back I'll have some 24g galvanized steel sheet lining the inside of the box.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Well, I finally purchased something new. I have a warranty and I get to be the first person to throw the on switch. My new Quincy air compressor!!! 5HP Baldor motor. Two stage. 60 Gallon tank. 50,000 hour pump rating. 100% duty cycle. And 17 CFM at 90 PSI. Plenty of air for anything my shop requires.

My borrowed wee compressor. It was wonderful at the time since it was free but it can now return to its owner.

The mighty Quincy!

My new almost leak free sandblasting box.

My new metal horizontal bandsaw.

My new welding table.

My new 10" rotary table for the mill.

My new Kurt milling vise.

My current paying customer. Gotta love spending more money fixing an '81 than buying a 2003. Sentimental value rules for me right now!

All my pretty new powder colors. I think I have 13 new colors. The oranges are going to be amazing.
Do YOU Scopper?

zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Re: This is where the magic will happen! (New pics 05/10)

Post by zero9243 »

how much i've missed!
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: This is where the magic will happen! (New pics 05/10)

Post by haunter »

keep it up dude looks good!

Return to “Green Machine Customs [Custom Fabrication / Machining / Powdercoating]”