The coating of parts with powder!

This area is owned and operated by ThatKid (Nate)

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: The coating of parts with powder!

Post by megaloxana »

So basically you're gonna have every fzr part in your basement powdercoated within the next few months...
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

megaloxana wrote:So basically you're gonna have every fzr part in your basement powdercoated within the next few months...
Every parts that will fit in my oven and take the heat. :banana:
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

More parts in black chrome. The orange peel is minimal but still there. I'm sure it'll buff out, I just don't have the time to do it before leaving the country.
ImageImageImageImage
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

TK, those parts look all new!
pretty damn sweet
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Got a few more parts done up so I can finish putting my 600 back together. The black chrome is just the sexy!

Control housing look fresh off the assembly line. Too bad there isn't anything I can do about the switches.

It still needs another coat to cover the amount of imperfections on there but it's going to look a hell of a lot better than when I got it.

Sexy handle holders

The other coolant pipes are jealous!

Flash didn't go off at full so it looks a little darker but still looks good! Did some washers and the castle nut, the rearsets, levers, and did a rear MC but it's not pictured.
Do YOU Scopper?

zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

powdercoating. because jesus wants you to
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

no comments? really?
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

scarlett
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by scarlett »

zero9243 wrote:powdercoating. because jesus wants you to

jesus is against your male on male
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

Pretty! I'll have some more pics to post when my rearsets get here. UPS should have them here any day! I can't wait!
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

the_finch wrote:Pretty! I'll have some more pics to post when my rearsets get here. UPS should have them here any day! I can't wait!
I really hope that gets delivered today!
Do YOU Scopper?

the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

thatkid wrote:
the_finch wrote:Pretty! I'll have some more pics to post when my rearsets get here. UPS should have them here any day! I can't wait!
I really hope that gets delivered today!
If they do, I'll have a tough choice: install the new rearsets and do a photo shoot, or go to the hospital to see my best friends baby boy come into the world. :whistle
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

haha, ummm that is a tough call. I mean I GUESS the rearsets could wait a day.....
Do YOU Scopper?

the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

thatkid wrote:haha, ummm that is a tough call. I mean I GUESS the rearsets could wait a day.....
Didn't get here last night, but the rearsets will probably get here today. I really wish they'd gotten here yesterday and that I had missed the whole thing. Waited in the waiting room 2.5 hours to see my buddy for 5 minutes before visiting hours were over. My buddy's over-enthusiastic mother was so excited to show me the pics of the new baby, she wound up showing me the pictures of everything happening. Could have gone another couple of years without seeing that. You can hear about it, and know the science of how it works, but until you see pics of someone you know getting "ripped a new one" (literally) you don't completely understand.

It's official: I don't want kids. If I ever get kids, they'll be adopted.
1997 FZR600RJ

cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

the_finch wrote:"ripped a new one" (literally) you don't completely understand.

It's official: I don't want kids. If I ever get kids, they'll be adopted.
Just be glad you are not female. It is an interesting sight, isn't it.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

cad600 wrote:Just be glad you are not female. It is an interesting sight, isn't it.
I definitely won't be forgetting that anytime soon.

Sorry I :hijack: for a minute there.

Rearsets and rear MC came in today. I'm uploading the pics to the MacBook now.
1997 FZR600RJ

Return to “Green Machine Customs [Custom Fabrication / Machining / Powdercoating]”