This is where the magic will happen! (New pics 01/30)

This area is owned and operated by ThatKid (Nate)

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: This is where the magic will happen!

Post by thatkid »

fzrbrandon wrote:Hey TK,

What are the odds you might be able to whip up some 400 (or 600 for that matter) upper fairing stays? Simple aluminum pieces for track bikes maybe? :whistle
Are you talking the mirror stay bracket or the whole front fairing stay/headlight thing? The mirror one is probably doable. The whole front could be doable but may take some time.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

thatkid wrote:
fzrbrandon wrote:Hey TK,

What are the odds you might be able to whip up some 400 (or 600 for that matter) upper fairing stays? Simple aluminum pieces for track bikes maybe? :whistle
Are you talking the mirror stay bracket or the whole front fairing stay/headlight thing? The mirror one is probably doable. The whole front could be doable but may take some time.
For the 1WG 400s (which would be my application) it's actually only one piece as you probably already know. So, yeah, I guess I'm referring more to the headlight stay. However, the idea would be to build them for track use which may possibly eliminate some unnecessary fab work (no headlights, mirrors, etc. to have to worry about). Not sure what the market demand would be for them but I tell you it sure is a PITA trying to find a used OEM one! So... an aftermarket option (ala Graves, etc.) would be really nice.
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

89 FZR600 - Vance & Hines, DynoJet, Zero Gravity - sold in '91

http://www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 Parts For Sale !!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9971
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

When I get my 400 moved in I'll take a closer look at it and see what I can do.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

thatkid wrote:When I get my 400 moved in I'll take a closer look at it and see what I can do.
Cool deal. Thanks for looking into it! :cheers:
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

89 FZR600 - Vance & Hines, DynoJet, Zero Gravity - sold in '91

http://www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 Parts For Sale !!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9971
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Moving in. Took me Sat-Mon but I got almost everything over. Still working on the shelves and getting wood for tables and benches etc, but it's slowly coming along. I think I have half the rent paid too with car rentals. Wooo.

The first load on Monday.

What would be the next load.

My car with the important things in it.

Eventually the shelves will span the wall to the doorway. ~24' of shelving with 6 shelves. Hello part organization!

A few tires....

Stuff.

My rockin' shop speakers! Go dad!
Do YOU Scopper?

reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Re: This is where the magic will happen! (Moving in Pics! 10/5)

Post by reelrazor »

Yep, gotta have a good stereo that you can hear over machine tools AND earplugs.....

I haven't forgotten the oven pics........it's their silly season pulling docks outa the water, I'll try to get there when someone is around tomorrow.
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

nice nate!!
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

I only count 3 fzrs :headscratch:

wheres the other 47?
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

shredex wrote:I only count 3 fzrs :headscratch:

wheres the other 47?

I still have 5 I have to bring over. The rest are hiding in boxes.
Do YOU Scopper?

haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

nate there is a very nice FZR400 on the 400 mailing list near you ;)
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Wooo Look out! It was not fun and it was not easy, but the mill is moved to its new home. No forklift this time. A borrowed pallet jack and rented trailer is all that were available. And only 3 guys. The trailer turned out to be a dump style so it made getting the mill on a little easier. Not much though. Trying to pull 2200 lbs up an incline is not the easiest thing. And when that dump trailer came crashing down as the mill tipped the balance point it scared the hell out of all of us. There was a hydraulic ram to show the crash, but the mill started to roll towards the end just enough that we all ran.

Hooray for my 6 to 1 pulley system I use for setting up slacklines. Since Matt's left shoulder was recently separated he couldn't pull very well with his arms. Instead, we tied the rope around him and he played anchor!

A man and his pry bar! Never underestimate the power of fear! Fear that a 2200lb machine will tip off and kill you if not pryed ever so gently!

It's resting place for the ride.

The stupid bridge by my house. It made it over ever so gracefully!
ImageImage

The start of getting it down. This is how we got it up except the angle was steeper on my driveway as we didn't have a way to lower the wheels like we did here.
ImageImage

Getting it supported so we could take the pallet jack out. Eventually I'll build a nice base for it, but for now I was happy with the victory of moving it for less than $50 bucks.
Do YOU Scopper?

sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: This is where the magic will happen! (Moving in Pics! 10/10)

Post by sweekster »

Nice!! It's all coming together.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

Congrats on the shop again! Glad no one died in the moving of the Bridgeport.
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

if i were there i could have just carried it on my back
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

More progress! I didn't feel like getting things approved through the property company so everything I do has to be free standing. That way I don't violate my lease terms. So it took more work and time but I'm liking the results.

How it looks when you walk into the shop area. My lathe is still being put back together after moving tables and will still need some bits added, but otherwise I like the new table. Much more space saving. My metal rack next to the mill and lathe, Mill, welder, work bench. That workbench setup should be enough to get all my tools nicely laid out. And then with the ceiling, all the fairings are up above. But why you ask is there a ceiling and beams going across??

For the climbing wall of course! I need something to do when I get frustrated with the motorcycles.
ImageImage

I also have my rock rings setup for the quick work out session breaks.

The bathroom got some storage!
ImageImageImage

My first paying storage customer! The guy told me to take it out whenever I want too! Awesome.
ImageImage

The mess that still needs to go somewhere.

My AWESOME receiver that Dillon donated so the shop has tunes. I mean seriously, this thing rules. AM/FM, Phono, Tape 1 AND Tape 2. I love it.

The fridge and microwave on their new table. Now there is more storage underneath! I'm all about finding more ways to store things. I'm going to need the space.
Do YOU Scopper?

Return to “Green Machine Customs [Custom Fabrication / Machining / Powdercoating]”