Is that an R6 header mating with a FZR motor?

This area is owned and operated by ThatKid (Nate)

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

woodsgum
Site Newbie

Re: Is that an R6 header mating with a FZR motor?

Post by woodsgum »

got my r6 header and working on the old v & h can (pre ssr model) rebuilding it from bottom up and will add pictures and post when i get done with her.

1993 fzr 600,
2002 r6 controls and brakes
progressive front springs
jet kit w/pods ,flow commander
520 chain w/ 15-45 gearing
99 yzf vr
factory pro shiftkit/emulision tubes
avon venom front & rear
soon to come and gone: fox shock
best mod to date = road rash!!
woodsgum
Site Newbie

Post by woodsgum »

ok. after riding with the new exhaust for a couple of weeks it sounds great !! smooth and quit at lower rpm and screams at 6k and above !!
lost most of the pictures when my lap top died/fried when one of my kids dumped my drink on it!! 14 oz. of sweet tea is not compatible with computer systems!!
so here's what i started with (sorry no pic) the original vh system four into one header and the vh can . the interior can was rusted out pretty bad so i folded it in on it self and it fell out of the aluminum can cover. the header had a bunch of holes in it causing a lot of unnecessary noise .
i found a piece of 3 inc SS pipe standard wall and milled it down with the lathe to just under 3 inches to fit in the vh aluminum can . i found and old reducer (3x1.5inch)for a stainless exhaust that i gotten for another job and didn't need and some 2 inc ss pipe got every thing set were i wanted it and tacked it together
on the bike for a stopping point on the header i cut a piece of the 2 inch about an inch and half long cut a section length wise out of it to fit inside the two inch pipe and tigged it back together smoothed the seam out with a grinder drilled two small holes in the two inch pipe were the spacer sat and tigged the two together also cut a small slice length wise in the end of the pipe for clamping the end to the header
once it was all welded together and polished with a fine wire brush on a grinder i pushed the aluminum can cover over the three inch pipe and used metric button allen screw's to hold it together repacked the can and threw it on and sounds great!!ImageImage
1993 fzr 600,
2002 r6 controls and brakes
progressive front springs
jet kit w/pods ,flow commander
520 chain w/ 15-45 gearing
99 yzf vr
factory pro shiftkit/emulision tubes
avon venom front & rear
soon to come and gone: fox shock
best mod to date = road rash!!
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

I have a few available right now. Powder coated and standard.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
KaspenOne
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by KaspenOne »

I want to order a set just so broke right now, do you still have any avalible please get back to me asap, I bought a gytr exhaust for a 99-02 yzr-r6 and the inlet was a direct mirror image for the outlet on the fzr headers. I have a 1996 model, I can pay today, so maybe i can recieve before christmas ;) christmas discount lol you can reach me by email, for a quick response
Sal Co-Owner of SisBro Motowerkz, Santa Maria
Pacific Coast Riderz -Vice President- Santa Maria Chapter
1996 Yamaha Fzr 600
UNI Air Filter, FP 1.0, R6 header danmoto exhaust,
Orbit Chain 530 with JT Sprocket Set -1 front/+2 rear
Racetech Front suspension
Bridgestone BT-014 120/70/17 & 150/60/18
http://www.facebook.com/Salvador.Leal.Jr
http://www.youtube.com/user/KaspenOne
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacific-C ... 9453630808 & http://www.facebook.com/pcr805

Return to “Green Machine Customs [Custom Fabrication / Machining / Powdercoating]”