Dem bones, Dem bones, Dem lightweight bones

This area is owned and operated by ThatKid (Nate)

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Dem bones, Dem bones, Dem lightweight bones

Post by thatkid »

Dogbones to fit your fancy. Want to raise the rear or slam it down? Fine by me. I can do them whatever length you desire. To keep costs down they will not be shaped like the factory dogbones. It takes a good amount of time for me to mill that section out with my mini mill. They will, however, be stronger than stock and less than half the weight. There will be a design aspect to them so they won't look like boring old blocks of aluminum, but really how many people look at your bike and say, "Damn man, those are some bitchin' dogbones." Probably not often. The average person doesn't know what a dogbone is. Still, I can't send them out without a little bit of flair. Bones will be $35/pair shipped. I will get pictures shortly.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
RCPlayland
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: Dem bones, Dem bones, Dem lightweight bones

Post by RCPlayland »

pics?
http://www.myspace.com/rcplayland <-------Click here for myspace webpages of me
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

Id lik to see pics of what you come up with Nate. I still need to make some spiffy looking dogbones to fit my rear suspension. Ive still got my templates on there which were lowering bones drilled out even lower :D Ive got some steel stock that I could make some plain looking ones out of very easily, but some flair would be nice. Id even pay a little extra for some more flair, time allowing of course. And I know you do good work and would be proud to have some of your custom work on my project.
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

mrfreeze5 wrote:Id lik to see pics of what you come up with Nate. I still need to make some spiffy looking dogbones to fit my rear suspension. Ive still got my templates on there which were lowering bones drilled out even lower :D Ive got some steel stock that I could make some plain looking ones out of very easily, but some flair would be nice. Id even pay a little extra for some more flair, time allowing of course. And I know you do good work and would be proud to have some of your custom work on my project.

I'm working on pics. Stupid ass mill is broken again so I'm shopping for a new one but I'm buying a quality one this time. Problem is I'm not sure what a quality one is. heh. I got the aluminum cut for them but I need my mill for one design aspect. Maybe I'll just draw them up so there is a picture.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."

Return to “Green Machine Customs [Custom Fabrication / Machining / Powdercoating]”