Spring has sprung

FZR250 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

DonTZ125

Spring has sprung

Post by DonTZ125 »

... and the bike is finally out of the snowdrift, and I finally have time to work on it!

Spent about an hour this afternoon replacing my starter plungers - absolutely gefukt! Once that's done, I tried to do a carb sync, but my ghetto rig is leaking like a happy basset hound on the carpet at Hallowe'en. I got the 1-2 pretty close, but I ran out of time, daylight and patience before I could finish the 3-4. :swear Plus the battery's dead (boosted off my van battery), plus there's a nasty drivetrain / clutch rattle... Next weekend.

I've finally received my R6 throttle bodies - not bad condition, certainly worth the US$50 (plus shipping...) I paid for them! They came with those Graves slide holder-uppers - any of you R6 types want a set? I'm going to need my slides to work to manage the airflow through the gaping bores - 38mm TBs vs 28mm carbs!!

Went to do a dry fit; really didn't expect much, had some plans in the brain for adaptors, etc. What I did NOT expect was the bloody TB rack doesn't fit between the frame rails! I'd have to dismount the damn cable pulley to get it to the engine! banghead

Plan 'A' was a direct bolt-up (with adaptors). That's kinda done. There are 2 Plans 'B' under consideration. B-1 is to use 2x TBs each feeding Y-manifolds; Plan B-2 is to mod the carbs to accept the injectors. From a sheer fab effort, I like B-1 - plus it's reversable! If I have to core out some part of my carbs to try, and it never does work, I'd need new carb bodies to return to the starting point. :yuck: canofworms
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Spring has sprung

Post by sweekster »

That's all well and good Don BUT.... :worthlesswithoutpics:
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

Its not spring time yet where you are! Where are the pics? LOL2
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

Hey Don, I saw that a guy modded the rails that space the throttle bodies apart (and as a 'rack' ) on the Microsquirt boards. He was using 2 R6 throttle bodies on an RZ350...maybe that could be a help to narrow yours up?
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Hiya, Reel. Yeah, I first saw Smurph's posts on the RZ500 board - quite the feat! His design was based on the constraint of matching a set spacing - I have no such restriction.

The thought currently going through my head is to peel off one middle TB and collapse the set to three. By simply unplugging the middle injector, I can leave the middle TB as a dummy, leaving me with 2 live TBs, and no heavy modding to the rack. Obviously the fuel rail would need to be trimmed and plugged, but that's not 'heavy' modding...