biiiiiig problem

FZR250 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

moey
Site Newbie

biiiiiig problem

Post by moey »

i need help its me again sorry for the trouble but i have a fzr250 1990 model and this afternoon i tried turning it on but wouldn't turn on and it wasted my battery soo i charged it and turned the bike on again but still wouldn't turn on there its not a electrical problem because you can hear it is it the sparks or the carbs
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Re: biiiiiig problem

Post by csofos »

OK. It crank, but it don't start. 2 things may happen: 1st, your spark plugs don't give spark, 2nd carbs don't give fuel into the cylinders (and that might be cause they don't have fuel). First things first: take one of the plugs off, have it into its pipe and attach it on a metallic place on the bike. Push the START button and look if it sparks. If it does, then i don't think you have a spark plug problem. If it doesn't, change it.

If sparks are OK, and all of them ignite, try to see if your carbs have fuel. Each floater of them, have a cross-screw an bottom. Unscrwe it and look if fuel drops out. If yes, you don't have to search for glogged fuel line or damagged fuel pump. The problem should be into the carbs themself. They'll probably need a good cleaning.

First check the spark plugs and then the fuel line. Good luck.
THE COST OF YOUR HELMET, IT DEPENTS ON HOW MUCH EXPENSIVE YOU THINK YOUR HEAD IS.
moey
Site Newbie

Post by moey »

shears just one more thing why is my battery overcharging making the bike run out of power
Dragon
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by Dragon »

Over charging battery means your Voltage Regulator (VR) is bad, change it.
moey
Site Newbie

Post by moey »

thanks for your help guys and now its going to cost me $80 for the regulator
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

moey wrote:thanks for your help guys and now its going to cost me $80 for the regulator
I wonder if the R6 or YZF regulator will work on the FZR250 :headscratch:
moey
Site Newbie

Post by moey »

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey got my fzr250 1990 model; bike started i took of the air filter box and got to the carbies then i kept trying to turn them on and it wasn't working soo i kept blocking each carbie for it to breath more then after half an our it tunrned on gave it 5 min to worm up the got carbi cleaners then sprayed around the carbies and inside them and revving it till it sounded goooood and kept playing wif the carbies until the jets started opening up very good. then checked the spark plugs they were not connected goooood made sure they where connected. need help what sparks should i get are they all the same
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

Dragon wrote:Over charging battery means your Voltage Regulator (VR) is bad, change it.
+1.000.000 :cheers:
THE COST OF YOUR HELMET, IT DEPENTS ON HOW MUCH EXPENSIVE YOU THINK YOUR HEAD IS.
moey
Site Newbie

Post by moey »

they might you have to check for the voltage and see if they match up :deal:
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

shredex wrote:
moey wrote:thanks for your help guys and now its going to cost me $80 for the regulator
I wonder if the R6 or YZF regulator will work on the FZR250 :headscratch:
As far as i saw untill today, all fzrs (250-400-600-750-1000) share the same VR. Many guys, here on fzronline.com, swaped their VR from R6 and YZFs. Thus... why not? At least i would do that.
moey
Site Newbie

Post by moey »

iam going to do a major service on my fzr250 1990 model because i know the old owner lied about servicing are all the sparks the same or they try to make money out of you because of the brand and for the oil whats the best and oil filter,air filter.what else is there did i forget any thing i changed the battery 2 weeks ago is there any thing i can change to make it go harder :cheers:
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

moey wrote:iam going to do a major service on my fzr250 1990 model because i know the old owner lied about servicing are all the sparks the same or they try to make money out of you because of the brand and for the oil whats the best and oil filter,air filter.what else is there did i forget any thing i changed the battery 2 weeks ago is there any thing i can change to make it go harder :cheers:
Doing the major servece, is a very good idea. There on, you'll know WHAT and WHEN. My opinion, is to put a good quality synthetic engine oil. Good air and oil filters and it'll be great! Change all 4 spark plugs (as you're misdoubt about it), clean the carbs and that's all. That's what i always doy when i take a new bike. Previous owner might claim "perfect condition", but... ha, that's what they always say.

Do nothing to make it go harder. A 250 will always be a 250. You can't do much for more power on it. Except, if you want to keep it for ever, and you don't care about the money you'll pay. That 250 ('90) had a hell of an engine on. :shocker
moey
Site Newbie

Post by moey »

one more thing lol when i wana clean out my my exup valve on my fzr250 1990 model what am i looking for and what do i use to clean them wif thanks
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

moey wrote:one more thing lol when i wana clean out my my exup valve on my fzr250 1990 model what am i looking for and what do i use to clean them wif thanks
Exup valve it's something that rarely (not to say never) needs cleaning. If you want to clean it though, take it off and use a scrub brush. For cleaning the exup valve seat, use a carburator cleaning spray. They do a lot of work :cheers:
moey
Site Newbie

Post by moey »

realy imprecate it csofos thanks alot :cheers: