Are fzr 250's worth buying?

FZR250 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Stiggy
Site Newbie

Post by Stiggy »

Locally where i live there is a lot of cbr 250s for sale usually between the price rang of $3000 to $4500. the reason im saying this is that any fzr you see is almost always under$ 2000 so i am asking if there is a reason? is there any mechanical problems they commonly get or is there another reason why they are so cheap?
I hope some one can clear things up for me so i can get one of these beautiful bikes for myself.
greasemeup
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by greasemeup »

My impression is-
Honda does longer lasting finishes perceived as better quality.
Yamaha does more exciting bikes, they are more advanced, but like any engine that is highly tuned, if something is not right, it will show.

Keep the maintenance up and avoid the desire to customise or make it better with pod filters and it's like and you will be fine.

Buy one that is already running nice and hasn't been screwed with. If you do your own maintenance make sure you fully know what your changing and that you have the right tools to do it right.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stiggy
Site Newbie

Re: Are fzr 250's worth buying?

Post by Stiggy »

Ok thanks for the reply as long as their are no major common problems i should be fine maintaining one of these considering ive been maintaining my aprilia rs 125 fine.
greasemeup
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by greasemeup »

The most common reason people give up on FZR's is the carbs being out of tune and they can't figure out how to get it back.
Great for buyers.
There are good reasons for carbs to be out, there are bad reasons, the worst is removing or otherwise modifying the air box. Not to say it can't be done.

Let us know what you end up getting, with pics :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stiggy
Site Newbie

Re: Are fzr 250's worth buying?

Post by Stiggy »

hopefully within a few weeks il pick one up and il be sure to put some pics up :)