Mikuni carb help

FZR250 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

vegtribe
Site Newbie

Mikuni carb help

Post by vegtribe »

Hi, I've been given a FZR250 2KR that needs a bit of work - I was told carb needed a clean but closer inspection showed worn seals so I ordered the kit from Litetek but I've come to a stumbling block disassembling the carb and don't know how to fully disassemble it.
If you have a look at the picture,of the three upright cylinders it's the left and centre one I don't know how to remove or what they are but according to Litetek there should be a pilot screw for me to replace the o-rings on - I just can't get to it. In case you haven't guessed it I'm a novice when it comes to this so any other advice of things to do/check while she's apart would be appreciated.. Thanks!
FZR250 Carb.jpg
DonTZ125

Re: Mikuni carb help

Post by DonTZ125 »

The pilot screw is on the outside of the carb.
Aerojake
Site Newbie

Re: Mikuni carb help

Post by Aerojake »

The centre jet looks like a fixed jet the tube to the left will be overflow just get carb cleaner with a tube thingy on it and spray down the holes and any other passages you can see followed by compressed air.
Also check the floats by giving them a shake if you can here any fluid slushing around in them they will need replacing, its a good idea to check float height while you have it apart with the manual specs, measuring from lip of carb bowl to top of float.

Also check the carb boots from carb to cylinder head for any cracks as this will cause a lean mixture fix any cracks up with high temp silicon, same follows for the boots from airbox to carbs make sure they have a good seal with the airbox also.