cant select neutral

FZR250 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

kyle250
Site Newbie

cant select neutral

Post by kyle250 »

Hi Guys,
have just got my bike on the rd but am having a problem with selecting neutral, when the bike is off i can select neutral but if the bike is running no matter how long i sit there trying i cant find neutral and just skips straight to second. anyone ever have this problem??? or know why its doing this. when riding it goes up and down gears perfectly just not into neutral.
also what level should the oil be in the window?? i have seen posts about 2 marks but mine doesn't have any. at the moment the oil is right over the window and ill be doing a change this weekend.
thanks for any help
DonTZ125

Re: cant select neutral

Post by DonTZ125 »

This is actually a common problem in many (if not most) bikes, inherent in the transmission design. Try adjusting your clutch and - as you say - get some fresh oil in there.
willandrip
Level 7.0
Level 7.0

Post by willandrip »

When marks are visible they are ;
Half way up sight glass = lowest recommended level.
3/4 way up sight glass = full level.

A completely full sight glass indicates overfilling provided the bike is standing upright and level.
Sent from my keyboard using the English language not some teen text shite from a fooking phone.
pefrey
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by pefrey »

+1 on the oil level and as far as shifting, if it has an aftermarket "shift star" installed it makes finding neutral much more difficult.
pefrey
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by pefrey »

Yes I realize this is an old thread and that the OP only has one post. :mrgreen: