FZR250 3LN3 Fork Stanchion Rechroming

FZR250 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

3BeeRacer
Site Newbie

FZR250 3LN3 Fork Stanchion Rechroming

Post by 3BeeRacer »

Hi all, I am in desperate need of advise and parts for 3LN3 Fork stanchions.
I have recently had my 3LN3 forks re-chromed and was advised by the chroming people that the plastic sleeve in side the bottom of the fork stanchion should be ok through the chroming process. And I believed him, which was not so clever.
Anyway, the plastic sleeves were damaged beyond recognition and I need to find out what purpose they serve and where I can get some?
Does anyone know? These parts are not available as spares and not listed in manual. I think because these plastic sleeves, (like a bush but very short) don't wear out, they are not listed anywhere.
I have tried making some up without knowing exact dimensions, but with no luck in trying to get them inside the bottom of the stanchions.
The local dealers cannot help because it was a grey import. I have also tried a company that makes 3LN3 Stanchions and still..... waiting response.

Can anyone please help?????
Regards
3BeeRacer
SouthendChris
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Re: FZR250 3LN3 Fork Stanchion Rechroming

Post by SouthendChris »

There is absolutely nothing you describe in the parts diagram books. As far as I know there are are only 2 parts that could be made of plastic in the forks. They would both be made of white plastic.

One of them is a washer that sits in the top of the 'rebound piston'. In the parts diagram it's described as "RING, piston 3LN-23157-00"

The other is the part that fits over the 'rebound piston' once it goes through the bottom of the fork stanchion, described as "SPACER, oil lock - 3LN-23173-00" I have see this part made from white plastic OR machined aluminium in various Yammies.

Download the parts book and take a look at page 152. Could you post a pic of your part??

Chris
1990 3LN3 FZR250 - back in safe hands :)
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5782/227 ... 41e9_b.jpg
1994 3HE FZR600 - R.I.P. 10/01/12

3x RG80 Gamma :)