looks pretty sweet. I may have to check it out when it comes to my area
1995 YZR600R
olie05
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Re: Triumph Demo Ride Tour

Post by olie05 »

Went and rode 3 triumphs. Here are my impressions:

Speed triple: Excellent bike. Only complaint was that the transmission was too clunky and the throttle felt too loose. No deal breakers. I really like how comfortable the seat was, and the way the tank was shaped. This made it easy to clamp on to the bike with my legs for the turns. Also the engine sounded like a cross between a ducati and a modern sport bike. very nice

Street triple: First impression was that it was significantly smoother than the speed. In my opinion this is not a good thing as it felt like the bike lacked character. The seat was not nearly as comfortable and there was definitely not as much power as in the speed. For some reason the one I rode had a very misleading gearbox. It felt like I wasn't in the gear all the way when I would shift so I kept my foot against the shifter even after a shift, to make sure it wouldn't pop out. Not so nice

Thruxton: This bike reminded me of my friend's harley. Except this one could take turns. The seat was uncomfortable, and HUGE. (where are you supposed to sit on on a cafe racer anyway?) The tank was really narrow, with nothing to clamp on to for turns. I felt like my knees were just dangling about. The exhaust sounded really nice (had an arrow exhaust) but everything else about the bike felt like really old technology. The engine wouldn't even hold a constant rpm at idle. (despite having fuel injection)... not my favorite, but I could see how someone could like a bike like this (lots of character!)

Get out and ride a triumph they are fun bikes!