WI Ride

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

89 fizzerator
Site Newbie

WI Ride

Post by 89 fizzerator »

Yo,

Anybody from WI still interested in the ride this year? I know Deputy proposed a day I think in July??? Not sure since the old site info is gone... :cry:
Just remember. Wherever you go, there you are..
fizzerguy600
Site Newbie

Re: WI Ride

Post by fizzerguy600 »

I think it was the week-end after RA he proposed. I hope we can get some turnout this year... RRBike
dodowg
Site Newbie

Post by dodowg »

Anyone going to the road america race on June 6th. I am meeting some buddys in green bay and then heading down to miluakee on june 6th.

Any upper michigan riders interested in riding?
stock 1995 fzr 600 with a v&h pipe.
Deputy1042
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Deputy1042 »

Saturday June 14th was the date, with time & place being negotiable. I was planning on going to the Road America Race on June 6th, but I am volunteering for Golf for Kids to raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters that day.
tommyj27
Level 9.5
Level 9.5

Post by tommyj27 »

RA is a fun track, been there on four wheels before for the SRT track day.
dodowg
Site Newbie

Post by dodowg »

This will be my first time to RA, but me and my friends are planning on running the track before the races. I think it's like 25 or 30 bucks to do it, but it will be money well spent in my opinion.
stock 1995 fzr 600 with a v&h pipe.
89 fizzerator
Site Newbie

Post by 89 fizzerator »

So is the 14th the day? I have pretty much any weekend free, just need a little heads up to make the plans...
Deputy1042
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Deputy1042 »

Yup, the 14th of June is the prospective date...Now all we have to do is figure out the when & where. fizzerguy600 has the farthest to drive so we should try to find something in between.
89 fizzerator
Site Newbie

Post by 89 fizzerator »

So who's all in???
Deputy1042
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Deputy1042 »

Sounds like you and me for sure...Kip, you in? I'm looking forward to this ride since I wasn't able to make last years. The year before I caught the tail end of it, which fortunately for me ended up at Holy Hill. This year I'm actually off the entire weekend!!!

I actually have some guys on my shift/rotation that ride a '92 FZR 600, 2002 GSX-R 600 and a ZX-6R who I'm sure I could persuade to come along. So, what's the planned route for this year?
fizzerguy600
Site Newbie

Post by fizzerguy600 »

Damn...I can't make it that weekend. I have the weekend of the 6th, 7th, and 8th of June off. I took that off for the big bike event in Elroy WI. Peter Egan from Cycle World magazine does this event -(he grew up IN Elroy). Gonna go all three days. Offer of a place to crash still holds.... :banjoman
Deputy1042
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Deputy1042 »

Alright...Should we start looking at another date for an Official Wisconsin FZR Ride that more of us can make? I'm always open for an impromptu ride with anyone close :shocker
fizzerguy600
Site Newbie

Post by fizzerguy600 »

I think we should set another date for a group ride. My job is getting ready to change to an optional set days off rotation so we can save commute costs, I opted for having every Tues/Wed off (same as my GF), so...if we choose any other day but those, I would need advance notice so I can submit leave forms.
89 fizzerator
Site Newbie

Post by 89 fizzerator »

I'm open to pretty much any day, with proper notice of course...
Deputy1042
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Deputy1042 »

As am I, with proper notice as well. My weekends for June are pretty much booked...Jack Johnson concert at Alpine Valley (for the wife) and camping at Devil's Lake State Park. July I am coming out of weekends off, but I might be able to get in some off time. The end of August will be difficult because of the Harley thing going on and the department has restricted off-time during that. I would imagine my schedule is probably the most messed up, so if you guys throw some dates out that are agreeable I can put in off time requests. Where in the heck did the rest of the WI guys go???