Who all from va area

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

jos21802001
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Who all from va area

Post by jos21802001 »

I live in new market,va over by harrisonburg and woodstock. Trying to find out how many people close to me. RRBike
1989 fzr 600 candy silver base coat, black frame ,voltage up-grade amoung much more :)
McFizzer
Level 3.0
Level 3.0

Re: Who all from va area

Post by McFizzer »

Im from Jersey bud. Making a trip down to VA or there abouts to meet up with my pal cliff for some cruising. I'll let you know when I plan on heading down.
1992 FZR 1000
:Under serious re-construction:
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

jos21802001 wrote:I live in new market,va over by harrisonburg and woodstock. Trying to find out how many people close to me. RRBike
If you have 3/4 hour to spare you can open each of the pages in the membership list (be aware there are alot of "Nowherians" but those who are sensible have their town or state listed and yo can make your own PM list of those near you to invite on a ride out.

I only wish our search engine was refined enough to do that for you.
jos21802001
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by jos21802001 »

lol i know there is alot of guys with bikes in my area just trying to find more fzr guys
1989 fzr 600 candy silver base coat, black frame ,voltage up-grade amoung much more :)
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

jos21802001 wrote:lol i know there is alot of guys with bikes in my area just trying to find more fzr guys
Hmm I see you are a"nowhereian " too you will find a lot of those on the Forum.
If you put your location in your personal profile othe FZR guys might be able to contact you ................
WSM
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by WSM »

I'm in DC, and regularly take weekend rides out in the VA boondocks.
And I take Rt50 to-and-from Ohio about once a month.
Rt50 through WV is some of the best road I've been on, but there are some other good strips closer to home too.
220, 250 and 33 are all good rides in your neighborhood.
1998 FZR600
All Original, except for a custom saddlebag set up. A machine shop buddy of mine seamlessly fitted two GS bags on the rear end for last summers ride.
30,000+ odo
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

WSM wrote:I'm in DC, and regularly take weekend rides out in the VA boondocks.
And I take Rt50 to-and-from Ohio about once a month.
Rt50 through WV is some of the best road I've been on, but there are some other good strips closer to home too.
220, 250 and 33 are all good rides in your neighborhood.
OH that neck of the woods huh ,I used to leave Georgetown out to Troy in Ohio and regularly did Troy - Dayton run in 1980, the patrol men on that run got used to the "Englishman" not quite understanding the multi-lane speed limits :headscratch:
Having an "official" residence in G'town was a vast help as the locals never knew quite what to do as it may have been "serious" to make noise with someone from that location specially a foreigner <BG> :whistle
WSM
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by WSM »

yamaha_george wrote:OH that neck of the woods huh ,I used to leave Georgetown out to Troy in Ohio and regularly did Troy - Dayton run in 1980, the patrol men on that run got used to the "Englishman" not quite understanding the multi-lane speed limits
My pops and his buddies used to race the smooth stretch of 50 between Clarksburg, WV and Parkersburg, WV.
"Last one there buys coffee!"
It's funny how few patrols you see on the WV side, but the moment you cross the OH line, they are everywhere...
1998 FZR600
All Original, except for a custom saddlebag set up. A machine shop buddy of mine seamlessly fitted two GS bags on the rear end for last summers ride.
30,000+ odo
McFizzer
Level 3.0
Level 3.0

Post by McFizzer »

I just got back last Sunday from my trip to VA from NJ... boring ride down 95 to 495 with the exception of getting to race a ferrari f430 :) but once down there was awesome. Stayed at my friend cliff's house in chantilly(south riding). We took the 50 out to 66 and went west to skyline drive. Th blueridge mountains. Absolutely SWEET!!! Can't wait to go down in the spring.. could've sworn I seen a blue fzr in my rear that wad 2nd or 3rd in a huge group of bikes.

Anyone looking to ride some kickass roads with not a lot of poh poh, go down and around there, awesome tim!
1992 FZR 1000
:Under serious re-construction: