1990 FZR 1000 LED turn signals.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

snyder1995
Site Newbie

1990 FZR 1000 LED turn signals.

Post by snyder1995 »

I replaced the incandescent turn signals, front and back, with LED signals from ebay. Now instead of flashing on the correct side when in use my turn signal switch, both sides (front and back) flash at the same time like hazards. Anyone know how to remedy this? Can I wire in resistors, or do I need a new flasher. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Re: 1990 FZR 1000 LED turn signals.

Post by TomcatMJ »

Thats the result of a single light in your cockpit which shows your flashers are working instead of one for each direction of the flashers...you just need diodes (i would try it with two 1N4001 due to the possible Amperes if you perhaps later change back to conventional flashers)) wired in to filter out the negative waves of the signals for each side (on the signal-wires, passing direction to the cockpit-light)...
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
et_miller_87
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by et_miller_87 »

TomcatMJ wrote:Thats the result of a single light in your cockpit which shows your flashers are working instead of one for each direction of the flashers...you just need diodes (i would try it with two 1N4001 due to the possible Amperes if you perhaps later change back to conventional flashers)) wired in to filter out the negative waves of the signals for each side (on the signal-wires, passing direction to the cockpit-light)...
That's a great suggestion. I had this issue with mine, where three lights would flash. Never thought of that before.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
snyder1995
Site Newbie

Post by snyder1995 »

TomcatMJ wrote:Thats the result of a single light in your cockpit which shows your flashers are working instead of one for each direction of the flashers...you just need diodes (i would try it with two 1N4001 due to the possible Amperes if you perhaps later change back to conventional flashers)) wired in to filter out the negative waves of the signals for each side (on the signal-wires, passing direction to the cockpit-light)...
Thanks! I figured out by using the schematic that the turn signal indicator was the issues! I have a bunch of diodes laying around, I will wire them in when my bike gets back from the shop! (New tires and fresh oil! )

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

Additional: If the Flashers work in right directions after adding the diodes but still have a to high flashing-frequency, then theres the need to either add additional resistors to increase the load for the flasher-relay or you will need a load-independant flasherrelay instead of the original one.
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)

Return to “Electrical: MODs/How-To/Issues”